Coping with this heat!!!!

Options
I've been doing this weight loss thing very half heartedly up to now!!! Very hit and miss with the dieting and non-existent exercise sessions :-( I need to lose half my body weight and it's a very daunting prospect - however, yesterday's temperatures made me realise I cannot cope with the hot weather being this size!!!!

My breathing was horrendous and I wasn't able to join in with any of the family activities going on! :-(( I spent a lot of time in tears!!

SO .... ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

Today, I resolve to get this weight OFF!!

How is everyone else coping? Any tips??

Replies

• Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Things are finally cooling off here, but hubby and I started walking in January and never stopped. We gradually acclimated ourselves to the heat, so while it wasn't always comfortable exercising outside, we didn't suffer any ill-effects from it. Running in cooler temps is infinitely more comfortable and easier than doing so in the heat, though. Once it cools down, I am sure it will be easier for you to get active. Next year, just spend some time getting used to exercising outside, and you should be fine.
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I live in Fort Worth Texas

I work out in my Garage..Just a typical every day full of random junk Garage.. I carved a little area for my self in a corner.. Laidedown some puzzle mats and moved all my weights and what nots into there..

I get up at 4:30am to work out ... The temp in Garage is only about 85 and I just deal with it.. I have worked out in there when it was close to 100 it was hard but I kept well hydrated and sweated like crazy ...

A good buddy of mine is a runner and he moved his runs to early early mornings like me..

GOOD for you .. Decide commit and succeed. You don't know me but I am proud of you.
  • pacbella
    Options
    Thanks Guys :-) I live in the UK so we're not used to these extreme temperatures!! I can't imagine being somewhere it's permanently high!! :-/
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I moved from the UK (Yorkshire) to Taipei (Taiwan) in March and It is scorching :laugh: I mst lose to survive here!
    Good luck on your journey!
  • barfleurjo
    Options
    Hi Pacbella, I'm in London in the UK and the weather has been so sticky and humid! I love dry heat, the kind you get on holiday, but it has been unbearable the last few days. And so hard to sleep! The only good thing I find about the heat is that it makes me drink more water and then I eat a little less! But I still don't want to exercise.