NSV...maybe...kinda

Options
ccpowers
ccpowers Posts: 203 Member
I have been working hard these past few months to get healthier and become more fit and lose weight. Well for the most part it has been working. I have noticed the whole time the first place that I really really notice the difference is my boobs! NOT good...well not for me. I like my 'assets', ok LIKED...now I am learning to like less of these assists...now, here comes the questionable NSV.... I saw my cousin for the first time in a couple of years, she actually waited until we were alone and asked me if I had had a breast reduction. REALLY....REALLY....I know its noticeable and mostly in my boobs....but REALLY.... would you consider this an NSV??

Replies

• tinad120
    tinad120 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Well, I have always read that you lose weight where you gained it last. So don't think of it as anything bad- it's just the step before you start losing it in the trouble areas (tummy, thighs, etc...). Unfortunately, we can't choose where we lose our weight, and as long as you're losing, it's still a success!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I would! It's a little hard to swallow, what with the emphasis on larger breasts, but I think you'll find it's an overall contribution to a more proportional figure.

Bottom line- if it makes you feel good, it's a victory. So I guess that's the real question- do you feel proud?
  • Witchmoo
    Witchmoo Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    If that happened to me I would be dancing jig....swinging from the chandeliers and generally doing a happy, clappy jumping action as I'd have just saved myself thousands of £ :bigsmile:

Alas without the dosh it's a pleasure I'll never know.....my boobalinas won't naff off no matter what :mad:
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that while that area is getting smaller they are getting perkier. So they almost look better in my opinion. I look at pre work out photos and I had a uniboob....Now even they are more defined. Still in the same sized bra. Just hooking it on the tighter clasp. I think weight lifting has a ton to do with how they appear. Before they just got smaller. Now they are getting smaller but firmer- if that makes sense. Not 16 year old firm. But not bad for a woman of almost 50.... I'll take the changes
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    You don't always want to lose where you want to, but it means you've been losing... so, YES it's an NSV. I hope you're happy about it :flowerforyou:
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    It is normal for your boobs to get smaller as you loose weight - i wouldn't worry about it as long as they are proportional with the rest of your body. If you are buying smaller size shirts and they fit nicely across the chest and shoulders as well as around the waist, the change is proportional with the rest of your upper body. I'd say it is definitely an NSV even if it was a strange question for someone to ask!
  • MeadowSong
    MeadowSong Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hey, it's a good thing (speaking as someone who never had any anyway, so perhaps I don't have the sympathy that I should)! I know older women who have serious back and shoulder problems from being too heavy there when they weren't otherwise overweight enough to hurt them. Your figure will catch up and you will look great. And feel great! Yeah, it's an NSV--one that I know some people who would LOVE to have.
  • ccpowers
    Options
    it is definitely one of those double edged swords....I am not losing as fast everywhere else, so hopefully when the rest of my excess on my butt, hips, thighs, and stomach start to follow, I will feel more proportioned again. And I have noticed that bras make a total difference and help with the 'fake it til ya make it' theory. I can still make it look like they are there, just definitely not in workout clothing
  • skinnynerd
    skinnynerd Posts: 110
    Options
    I would consider it a NSV. I would love for my boobs to shrink. My butt is shrinking and my thighs. My tummy is shrinking a little. But the boobs they are still huge. ;(
  • ccpowers
    Options
    I have noticed that while that area is getting smaller they are getting perkier. So they almost look better in my opinion. I look at pre work out photos and I had a uniboob....Now even they are more defined. Still in the same sized bra. Just hooking it on the tighter clasp. I think weight lifting has a ton to do with how they appear. Before they just got smaller. Now they are getting smaller but firmer- if that makes sense. Not 16 year old firm. But not bad for a woman of almost 50.... I'll take the changes

I have already dropped bra sizes...notice the s...hoping to throw in some more serious exercises in Sept as well the cardio, maybe that will help 'perk' things up! thanks....oh...16 yr old firm would be so nice....but after 4 kids, pretty sure that would be impossible to do on my own
  • ccpowers
    Options
    I will feel better when the rest catches up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!