Mommy Belly

Options
What factors determine if you can develop a muscular "middle" after having been pregnant? I dont want the science, as Ive already done the research. I want experience. I was not thin before getting pregnant, but now my middle is covered in stretch marks. Will I always have access skin around my middle? I read so much about this.

1) It's genetics
2) It depends if you rubbed lotion on your skin while you were pregnant
3) You will never be the same
4) It depends on water intake
5) Particular exercises fix the problem
6) If you were heavy before the pregnancy, you will easily be able to recover (Ive also read the opposite).

What is your experience?

Replies

• Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 babies, I didn't get stretch marks, but I do have a little extra skin. My last baby was born 2 1/2 years ago, I didn't use any lotion while pregnant and I have never been overweight. More than anything, it just takes time to heal.
  • claire47
    claire47 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Have no help to give unfortunately, but i am really interested to find out what others say, it would be nice to find out if there is a glimer of hope, fingers crossed! Cx
  • Kate_D_68
    Kate_D_68 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I haven't gotten close enough to my pre-pregnancy weight yet to know. I sure hope I can tighten up, though.
  • hasberly
    hasberly Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    you can only tighten up so much after being stretch from pregnancy. if you did not get any stretch marks you have a better chance of tightening since that is a sign of elasticity in your skin, for those of us (me as well) that have recieved stretch marks this means you will only tighten up so much. i use to have a 26 inch waist before babies and after having 3 kids and gaining over 80lbs with pregnancy and losing and gaining and losing...i can tell you my belly is not pretty. especially after c sections. which is even worse because they have actually cut the muscles! i have lots of loose skin, and have been told by doctors that the only way to get rid of mine is a tummy tuck!
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Have had 3 kids!

a deflated balloon.. is what my belly looks like.

Belly has gotten smaller, and some of the stretchmarks have faded from red to gray and shinny!

If you have them, they never go away. It is a type of scar. :( Sad. but you can make them LOOK better with weight loss and a great attitude.