i was bright red! :(

Options
2»

Replies

• kaytbognar
    Options
    Good old furnace face. Everyone on my mom's side of the family gets it and no matter how good shape I'm in, I can never escape it. I find drinking enough water after a workout helps to make it go away faster.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I get it too!!!
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    You think that is bad...I have this one little spot below my right eye that stays my natural skin color when I work out. My whole face can be red but that little area. Honestly though I could care less if I turn red...you're at the gym for a reason...ride with it. haha
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I get really red too when I work out. I always have. I don't think it goes away as time goes on. I have been exercising regularly for over a year now and it is still as red as when I was a child. People don't care if you turn red while working out and if they do they are not there for the workout they are there for a totally different reason.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    I get it too - and actually - posted something almost identical to this about a year and a half ago when I first tried running. At the time, I got lots of encouraging, supportive feedback (like what's coming up here)..... I'm happy to report that now - I'm sure the red face is still there - but honestly, I don't really even know (or care!) ... like someone on here said - I consider it proof I'm pushing myself... wear it proudly. :)
  • amathus
    amathus Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That has always happened to me. Even at my fittest, fresh out of bootcamp, I'd look like a tomato after running a mile. It is embarrassing, but I try not to let it keep me down.
  • skinnyminnie
    skinnyminnie Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    When I exert myself, I get what I call "monkey-faced" - my whole face turns beet red except for an outline around my mouth and up to the bottom of my nose that turns bright yellow. It's very weird. My siblings both get the same way. People get really concerned for you when they see that!
  • skinnyminnie
    Options
    Okay, I'm just testing here to see if I got my signature to be my weight loss ticker...
  • skinnyminnie
    Options
    Yay! It worked! Woo hoo!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Another red faced redhead here. My face always gets red when I work out. It doesn't bother me though. I'm actually kind of proud because it shows I've been working out hard. My daughter gets the same way. She's a redhead too.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Looks like we're in great company! :)
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I am fair skinned and I get red at the gym very quickly. As well, if I have a drink of alcohol, my cheeks show it! As to sweating, going by what SHBoss said, I must be in incredible shape because I feel like i just got out of a shower after working out at the gym!
  • Darci73
    Darci73 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Funny thing was, my trainer said she knew if I was working the right muscles, because that part of my body would turn red! She doesn't tease me about it, and I'm glad to hear there are others on here with the same issue. I used to get way more embarrassed, but now I just know that I'm showing how hard I worked. Still, if I walk by a cute guy I feel like I'm blushing, but they can't tell cause I'm already fushia! LOL
    Keep it up, it gets better