WOW is this even ME?

Options
jeddy3mcc
jeddy3mcc Posts: 177 Member
So finding old pictures is very inspiring because you can look at them and say "Who the hell is that guy?"....lol Well THAT helped me get off my *kitten* and stop feeling sorry for myself and helped me get started on this journey so in homage to that old guy here are some old pics of him with me.

Also I am running my first 5K on saturday I am really excited about that. Any advice would be most helpful for you avid runners out there.

Feel free to add me as a friend. I love helping and hearing about your journeys. We can inspire and encourage one another

Thanks and much Love,

#BeEncouraged

Jay

IMG_20120804_022028.jpg

PhotoGrid_1344250546599.jpg

Replies

• MrsValentine
    MrsValentine Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Good job. You can really see a difference. Good luck on your 5k. I'm still in training.
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great. Keep up the amazing work :)
  • Dustin_02
    Dustin_02 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Awesome job man! Looks like 2 diffrent poeple. Keep doing what your doing.
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Great job! You are looking slim :)

I'm not a runner, but I would recommend bringing water. I find that whenever I'm feeling out of breath, water is my best friend.

Good luck in the run!
  • DMZH78
    DMZH78 Posts: 42
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!!! You look awesome!
  • lovebrit_05
    Options
    Huge difference! I'm runnin my first 5k in October. The longest I've run as of yet is 2.52 miles with 1 60 second break so I should be in perfect condition for mine in October. My only advis is when i'm feeling super fatigued I take really slow deep breaths to maintain my pace. Works great for me, maybe it will for you too! Good luck this sat! I'll be rooting for ya!!
  • jeddy3mcc
    Options
    Great job! You are looking slim :)

I'm not a runner, but I would recommend bringing water. I find that whenever I'm feeling out of breath, water is my best friend.

Good luck in the run!

This is what everyone has been saying. Some have said stay away from sports drinks until after the race. Water and I are aquaintances. We talk occastionally throughout the day, I might cosy up to her a little closer this week and during the race.....lol
  • darlingnoire
    darlingnoire Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great!
  • cdprouty
    cdprouty Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Really impressive! Great work. I'm an obsessive runner...feel free to friend me for some motivation!
  • SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    Wow great job. I hope to be able to run a 5K one of these days. Good luck!
  • CrazyMidget611
    CrazyMidget611 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Amazing job, you look fantastic!
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you look like different person
  • SaraBelle0312
    SaraBelle0312 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Granola bar before and hydrate ALOT!!! :) Helped me ALOT (I've only done one 5K though) buddy up with someone, that way when you start falling behind, they pull you back p to the front and vice versa.

Have fun with it, I did a lot of screaming and singing and dancing/running during and that gave me the desire to keep it up.
  • jeddy3mcc
    Options
    Granola bar before and hydrate ALOT!!! :) Helped me ALOT (I've only done one 5K though) buddy up with someone, that way when you start falling behind, they pull you back p to the front and vice versa.

Have fun with it, I did a lot of screaming and singing and dancing/running during and that gave me the desire to keep it up.

That is a great idea. I will try that!

Thanks!!
  • crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Good luck on your 5k. Mine's two weeks away and I just upped my distance from 2 miles to 5k so I'll be used to the distance. Walked/jogged it last night and hoping to increase the jogging/running until race date Sept. 8. One thing I found helpful was the runners forums on websites. There's lots of tips about pre-race prep. I'll be heel-blocking or taping my heel so the added distance would cause blisters like the one I got after last night's 5k training session.
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    First congrats, big changes there. 2nd, you could be Cedric the Entertainer younger better looking brother. :)

As for the running, I am a noob myself. With how short a 5K race is, if you drink plenty before (night before even) the race you should be well hydrated for the race. Most races will have a water stop around midway. IF you feel you need it then by all means carry it with you, just dont over do it. Also, with this being your first it I highly suggest that first mile make it a nice easy mile. Build speed with each mile. Some folks get so excited and blow out of the gate on fire! Only to be dead by halfway. My first I just wanted to finish, jog the entire race (it was 90+ by start so wasnt sure if that would be possible), and be below 44:35 (unofic 5K time for me). Which I did and my 2nd 5K I blew my goals out of the water.

I dont know about you but when I crossed that line it was a little bit of an emotional moment for me. Ive never been more proud of myself to do something so outside of the box for me. If I hit any goal or not, I finished! Enjoy the moment, it is a huge step in our life changing process. Good luck and let us know how it went.

http://freew67.blogspot.com/ <-- My blog and I have my 2 Race Reports there from my 5K's.
  • jeddy3mcc
    Options
    Congrats!!! Good luck on your 5k. Mine's two weeks away and I just upped my distance from 2 miles to 5k so I'll be used to the distance. Walked/jogged it last night and hoping to increase the jogging/running until race date Sept. 8. One thing I found helpful was the runners forums on websites. There's lots of tips about pre-race prep. I'll be heel-blocking or taping my heel so the added distance would cause blisters like the one I got after last night's 5k training session.

Well good luck in yours. The most I have ever run since college is 2 miles. I run 2 miles often enough and I am not too tired. This will be the first time in about 5 years that I will be running more than 2 miles. I have been doing Plyometrics in P90X so I can breathe and manage my heart rate pretty well. I hope all the mental training can turn into actual physical success...lol. That is the hope at least
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Great job!! You look amazing!!
  • codapea
    codapea Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You are looking great! I love your new glasses, too. They look really good on you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!