From sex goddess to old chubby chick

Options
Ya so, I force myself to look in the mirror and tell myself I'm beautiful (even on days when I don't really believe it). You do it enough, you really start to believe it.
Went shopping for a little black dress for a bachelorette party. Felt like a sex goddess in all that I tried on. I mean, I was ROCKIN these dresses! Fast forward to bachelorette party. Time to get my kick *kitten* dress on. LOOK OUT! Um, but wait, all my girlfriends are friggen tiny. I look down and see my root beer belly (more like peanut butter oreos) sticking out. I go from complete sex goddess to old chubby chick trying too hard to fit in with the skinny young girls. I found myself sucking in the ol gut for all of the pics. Why is it, when I looked in the mirror, rocking the dress and my Christian Loubitans, I was soooooooo impressed with myself? I was striking poses, the works (my word I hope there weren't cameras in that dressing room). But I look at the pictures taken from the party, and I'm like, ewwwwwww, gross!!!! And this was only within 1 day. Complete 180. Ugh.

Replies

• cpachecoiii
    cpachecoiii Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    From a male perspective: Don't worry about other women. Most of them can't stand each other anyway, even "friends". Rock what you got, and trust me, no guy will care. If you're cool and confident, most guys will think you're sexy. Not all, because there is no way you can please all guys. Trust me on this. Feel good about yourself, and then others will see it.
  • cpachecoiii
    cpachecoiii Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just realized you're "happily married". HAHA! Same logic applies. If you're partner thinks you're sexy and you feel like a sex goddess around him, then you're golden. Let those young girls that are my age fret about their appearances.
  • khoran45
    khoran45 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I just realized you're "happily married". HAHA! Same logic applies. If you're partner thinks you're sexy and you feel like a sex goddess around him, then you're golden. Let those young girls that are my age fret about their appearances.

Yes, VERY happily married. Most definately not looking to get hit on or for attention from other men. It was just a self concious thing, momentary drop in self esteem kinda situation.
  • glahlstedt
    glahlstedt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Amen!!