What is your motivation? What keeps you going?

Options
2»

Replies

• justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    My motivations are many

First and foremost is my 11 month old daughter. I want to be around for as long as I can to enjoy my time with her.

I would like to eventually run a marathon. Next year maybe a 1/2 marathon and a marathon in 2014...

I've done this before and I'm determined to make this successful and the last time. I will stay fit.

I'm currently in a for bragging rights fitness challenge with a bunch of friends I used to do Rocky Horror with. There's one guy in particular that we are fighting for the overall lead and we started out at a comparable level of fitness so it's basically a fair fight.

I'm really digging running so I'd like to be fit enough to run, often
  • dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    My motivations are many

First and foremost is my 11 month old daughter. I want to be around for as long as I can to enjoy my time with her.

I would like to eventually run a marathon. Next year maybe a 1/2 marathon and a marathon in 2014...

I've done this before and I'm determined to make this successful and the last time. I will stay fit.

I'm currently in a for bragging rights fitness challenge with a bunch of friends I used to do Rocky Horror with. There's one guy in particular that we are fighting for the overall lead and we started out at a comparable level of fitness so it's basically a fair fight.

In Harvard Square?
  • Adforperu
    Adforperu Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Motivation for me is seeing old pictures of me mainly. And fitting into better clothes. And knowing I'll be a better footballer for it !
  • dandaninc
    Options
    That hopefully we'll conceive baby no2!

GOOD LUCK!! YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • dandaninc
    Options
    To be able to wear a bathing suit (bikini!) without feeling like I have to hide.

To be healthy. And fit. And able to run more than a mile without huffin' and puffin'.

To stop being so self-conscious and so hyper-aware of what I must look like at all times.

To be more confident in general...

I agree completely about wearing the bathing suit. (maybe not a bikini though :noway: )
    I really want to walk down the beach wearing a bathing suit next to my hot wife and feel sexy and proud to be there not fat and self concsious
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I'm a shallow b!tch. I just want to look good naked.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    My brother has pancreatic cancer diagnosed 17 months ago. Sister has triple negative breast cancer and going through chemo the 2nd time. I decided that I have no control over getting cancer but do have control of my weight that has such an impact on my health.

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.
  • ahiddenlink
    ahiddenlink Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Like some of the others with the "doing stuff" motivation, I'm in that same boat. The ability to be able to be out and about without getting worn out is a huge plus. I'm already down to lighter than I've been in probably 5-6 years but I'm trying to build more for fitness than necessarily weight loss.

I've signed up for 2 5Ks, one at the end of September and one at the end of October and I'm working hard towards both of those goals. For me, it's easier to be motivated when you have specific, tangible goals like those types of things. After that, it'll probably be a focus on trying to be in shape to really go skiing and then spring time brings a host of outdoor activities.

Like you dan, come spring of next year, I'd love to be in the shape to go sky diving. I wanted to do it before 30, but more so finances than weight has hindered that process, but with this mindset for my body, I'm giving it to life too. You can't let life hold you back, work hard, be positive and strive for success and you can get there!
  • deannajf4
    deannajf4 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I still have my drivers license from where I was 21yo and 150lbs.... I keep it right behind my valid license and every time I see it I think, "I want to look like that again".

I also have stopped focusing on my weight loss goals and started focusing on my fitness goals. Weight may fluctuate daily but being able to run 1 mile/5k/10k doesn't.

Haha - it's not often that a driver's licence photo sparks inspiration!! Good work!! :)
  • deannajf4
    deannajf4 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    For me it's setting goals!! I have long term goals, I have short term goals - medium term goals everything!! I have goals for body shape/size, goals for running, goals for types/amounts of food each day...that's what keeps it exciting for me!!

Plus I'm stubborn, and to be perfectly honest, I want to prove to my mother-in-law I don't have to buy her Isagenix to get in perfect shape (and stay that way!)
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I want to find a man who loves me for me and be able to have babies.....when I was "fat Lindsay" neither of those were in the picture.....now that I am "not so fat Lindsay" I hoping to be able to have/do both.

That makes me seem shallow doesn't it?
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I have sht to make happen on this planet.
    I wont get to it by sitting around on the internet procrastinating against myself.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    So many years wasted, a whole Life to create...by acting
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Also - remembering that no one gets a second chance - and I did - so Im not wasting that sonuvabtch.
  • julieo81
    julieo81 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Being there for my daughters motivates me. We are a very active family and sometimes I think I am holding them back. I am stuburn and will not give up, but I know they see that it is harder for me at times. I tore a tendon in my left knee a year ago and it still bothers me and I know it is because of the extra weight.

I don't want to follow in my Granny's footsteps when it comes to health. I have looked up to her my whole life and she has always been there for me to guide me in the right direction. But she is extremely over weight and is not diabetic. Both knees are bad and she can hardly get around. I dont want that to be me.

Vacation pics... My boyfriend is athletic and fit, and when I look back at all of our vacation pics all I see is the excess weight. It never really bothered me until the last 6-7 months. I am not sure what changed, or what woke me up, but I am glad it did. We don't go on vacation to sit by the pool and relax we go to zipline, scuba, snorkle, hike, bike, kayak, and see the sights. This year we are going on a cruise the first week of October, and I'll be damned if I dont look better in these photos than I did when we went to DC in July.

25452150.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was 275 lbs as of Monday July 9th 2012. My current weight is 259 lbs as of today. and my goal weight is 199 lbs by May 2013.

My motivation is to jump out of planes again and to run a 5k by May.
    My wife is my biggest supporter and my friends on myfitnesspal are there for me every step of the way. :bigsmile:

What keeps you logging your food, running those miles, and lifting those weights everyday?

Realization of the truth is what got me started. Success is what has been keeping me motivated. I am happy with my new diet and see no reason that I will need to change it. Maybe one day I will stop logging regularly. Maybe.

My goal weight is 200 by my birthday in March, then 150 by July 2013. Then beyond that, I think I want to try a mud run. Something with obstacles and getting nice and dirty. I plan to run my first 5k in October, if there is one that I can join. I have not found any yet. Otherwise, I will be running the 5k for Crohn's disease next spring.
  • Fierystrawberry
    Options
    My Motivation is my Baby she is one! sounds silly but I want to eat healthy and be active as a child and adult i was always obese now i am just over weight but i hate that i am not the right way cause i am just now teaching myself what is wrong and right way to eat. My other Motivation is shopping I love clothes and trying them on even if i don't buy them. It's nice to think wow I would look great in that swim suit if i lose a little more around my tummy. :)
  • Asavitzk
    Asavitzk Posts: 66
    Options

In Harvard Square?

Yes, Harvard Square (now Boston Common). I'm the guy fighting with him for the lead. :)