30 Day Shred

Options
So I see a good amount of people who do 30DS along with some other workout...some say it's because they don't like doing the same thing over and over again...but I don't have a problem with that...with that being said...Is doing only the 30 Day Shre too little for me? Should I be doing other exercises?

Replies

• skyshadowsed
    Options
    I think only doing 30DS is absolutely fine because you're losing weight and toning your body. For me, i see doing other workouts besides 30DS as getting faster results. I've been exploring Jillian Michaels DVDs and right now im doing both 30DS and Banish Fat and Boost Metabolism. You do whatever feels comfortable for you, as long as you're dedicated with 30DS you'll see results. =)
    Hope this helps.
  • risak
    risak Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your level of fitness. I do the 30 day shred, ripped in 30, etc. Then I will walk my dog at a fast pace for at least 30 min. It's really really hard for me to do anything more than that after 25 min of Jillian. But I know there are people that do the video and then another workout at the gym or something.

As long as you aren't eating like total crap (and I assume you aren't if you are on this website) and really give it all you've got then you should notice a change in your body even just doing the video.

But like everyone says...listen to what your body tells you.
  • 92_sweetheart
    92_sweetheart Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Right now I am only doing the 30DS, but with that being said I do plan on adding something else on. Day 10(level 1). This is suppose to be my day 10, but I took at break yesterday. I feel like since it is an express workout I should be doing a little more. It is total body so there is really no need to add additional workouts, but I see people doing more along with 30DS. To me it is like that little boost to get you started like with endurance.
  • ckay220
    ckay220 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    It did help! I didn't know if people were saying that 30DS is not as good of an exercise or not as strenuous at least & that's why they do more...I'm not looking for results too fast, I just want to make this a progressive journey..I guess since I'm just starting out, I'll keep with only 30DS...but I have already seen results so I'm good..
    Thanks!
  • Kimber415
    Kimber415 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day Shred and had lost 10.4 pounds in two weeks, then started the shred and only lost 1 pound. Also, I'm 51 and am having serious pain in my knees from the 30DS. I'm confused whether to keep going or shake it up. Decided to walk the treadmill and skip a few days of the shred and see what happens. I love how the pain does go away and I am more flexible so really want to do it again, but worried about not loosing weight if it's enough and my knees??? Suggestions?
  • ckay220
    Options
    Right now I am only doing the 30DS, but with that being said I do plan on adding something else on. Day 10(level 1). This is suppose to be my day 10, but I took at break yesterday. I feel like since it is an express workout I should be doing a little more. It is total body so there is really no need to add additional workouts, but I see people doing more along with 30DS. To me it is like that little boost to get you start like with endurance.
    I see what you're saying...I may start it over for another round once I start school...then I may add walking around the track at school too.
  • 92_sweetheart
    92_sweetheart Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Also, I do another warmup about 6 mins. long so I really don't consider the warmup in the 30DS an actually warmup.
  • mkbg3
    mkbg3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am also doing 30 day shred and LOVE it! Along with it I'm trying to do some form of cardio...being a HARD 2 mile walk or a more casual walk with the dog and baby. Something else to get that heart rate going...

What do you girls count 30 day shred as when adding in exercise?? I've been doing circuit training for 20 minutes - agreed?
  • Kimber415
    Options
    yes....that is what I put as well....20 minute circuit training
  • ckay220
    Options
    I started the 30 day Shred and had lost 10.4 pounds in two weeks, then started the shred and only lost 1 pound. Also, I'm 51 and am having serious pain in my knees from the 30DS. I'm confused whether to keep going or shake it up. Decided to walk the treadmill and skip a few days of the shred and see what happens. I love how the pain does go away and I am more flexible so really want to do it again, but worried about not loosing weight if it's enough and my knees??? Suggestions?
    Do what you r body tells you. I have had pains in my shins and knees doing 30 DS, but not enough to stop working. If yours is serious, I wouldn't keep going...but if you do...maybe don't do jumping jacks or high knees..I know that's when my shins start to hurt.
  • Kimber415
    Options
    Thanks, I have arthritis in both knees and just not sure If I should workout doing the shred through this type of pain. I see a doctor in a couple weeks and will ask him. Had gotten through 11 days straight and took yesterday off and did the treadmill instead. Might take a few days off and then start up again. Feel good I got through 11 days at least. I try to walk the dog or bike or do the treadmill as well. Imagine the shred won't bother my knees as much once I get more weight off too. Thanks
  • GenieBB
    GenieBB Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Also when you get the level 3, if you have knee probs- don't do the "rock star jumps" those are killer on knees, just do something else less impact for that time frame.
    30 Day Shred I lost 8 lbs and didn't do it on the weekends, also ate smaller portions for the last few months. so it took me around 40 days..
    Starting Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout this week!
    Gotta love these bargain bin DVDs that actually work!!