bumped up calorie goal but im stuffed~

Options
so i am no longer losing weight i am working myself up to maintain. so i was at 1200 calories last week i ate 1300 cals and this week i am going for 1400 til i get to 1700. well i have been struggling to eat all of this. 1200 was pretty tight i guess i don't know i didn't find myself limited from eating really. but now that im at 1300 and burn 300 so i have to eat my 1300 plus those 300 back i don't know what to eat. i am adding avocado, cheese sticks, yogurt, nuts but how will i eat my calorie goal in the future of 1700 and eat my excercise cals back that range up 300 so eating 2000!!! a day oh god!

i always eat my exercise cals but maybe if im at 1700 i don't/shouldn't eat exercise cals?

this is seeming much hard than losing weight. or maybe i am complicating it. but i find myself eating my meals being nice and full and every 2 hrs stuffing myself with snacks so i meet my calorie goal.

i was so STUFFED eating last night i forced myself to eat the last of my dinner to meet my 1300 calorie goal plus the 300 i burned so 1600 in total i ate yesterday and oh god it sucked.

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    eat more calorie dense food would make it easier to get more calories in
    Peanut butter etc
  • Saezimmerman
    Saezimmerman Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on meeting your goal! :happy:

More calorie dense foods will help. Also, try adding fruit juice or milk to get you there.

You are having to change your approach to eating (again), so try a few things to see what works. Just don't make yourself miserable.
  • OTchic
    OTchic Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    oh yes i have a slice of wheat bread and peanut butter on it as a night snack. i guess that is healthy right.

ill add in milk again i am used to my 90cal soy milk and got completely rid of my 140cals low fat milk so i guess i can start drinking it up again. i totally forgot about that! just a cup of milk will help a lot!

i def. see i have to change my approach to eating but it will get better n easier again
  • ajohn252
    ajohn252 Posts: 158
    Options
    I think getting to this situation of reaching maintenence
    some times people get stuck still eating the lower calorie foods
    they were eating when they were trying to actively lose weight.
    Trying to fill a bigger intake with low calorie foods might be leading you
    to be feeling stuffed because you have to each so much more of those foods
    to get your intake. Like someone above said eating more calorie dense
    foods will be a big help because there will be smaller portions with more
    of a calorie punch.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I like ho-hos
  • OTchic
    OTchic Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    ajohn i looked at my diary and you are totally right! i am used to eating my low calorie breakfast, lunch n dinner my meals are not even over 300 cals each!

my snacks are low cal too like my yogurts 90cal and there are healthy 130 cals kind. i need to shop for some healthy calorie dense foods!! hehe
  • juju365
    juju365 Posts: 2
    Options
    Ok....help me guys..im new at this..my question is this.. with the calorie goal they give you, are you not to exceed it within a day in order to lose weight??..meaning my daily goal is 1500..i wrk out 4days a week ..each time i wrkout at a minimum i burn 700calories..am i to eat more calories after wrkn out but not exceed the 1500 cals a day..im confused..ive never dieted and not used to counting anythng..i can say im eating healthier..but am i eating enuff..will this put me at a plateau?