Couch to 5k app?

Options
2»

Replies

• BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's for iphone or not... but I used the FREE one on coolrunning.com. You can google CARLI 5K and you'll find it. Downloads free every week. I couldn't believe the success I had with it! It's also worth it to go to a running footwear store and have them tell you what kind of runner you are (they do it for free) - over pronator, under pronator, neutral and then you can get shoes that help make your strides more effective and less likely to cause injury.
  • ingalynn
    ingalynn Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    cool running c25k
  • naculp
    naculp Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I use runkeeper to track all my runs, but they have an option where you can program your own workouts. Really simple and easy to use, and FREE! Has all the bells and whistles like voice prompting (based on time and/or distance), background music, and more.
  • ovege
    ovege Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I used one listed as 5K Runner: 0 to 5K running by heavy duty apps. It lets you listen to music in the background and I use Nike Running to measure distance and speed. It worked well but can get glitchy sometimes with the music on.
  • treblemaker90
    treblemaker90 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    PS. I just completed my first workout so if anyone else is just starting out (or even if you've been doing it for awhile) feel free to add me and we can cheer each other on! :D
  • MosierTim
    MosierTim Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of Active.com's app. Although, I just looked up the Jog Log app mentioned above and I can see the advantages to it (like custom interval training)
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I used a free one and it worked great - c25kFREE by Zen Labs. Easy to follow, lets you play your own music if you like, no problems.

I use this one too...I love it!
  • mommyami1
    mommyami1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I use the Podrunner Intervals podcasts that you can download on iTunes. It's free. Only thing is, if you don't like house or techno music, it can be annoying. I like it because it gives you beats per minute to nonstop music. It only stops during transitions from walking to running and back. The 5K series is called First Day to 5K. I liked it so much i'm using the Gateway to 8K now. Good luck!
  • snarky
    snarky Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I use the rundouble app that was previously mentioned. I combine it with running playlists from rockmyrun.com.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I wear a watch and follow the schedule listed here without an app. It's pretty easy. http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    *save* Also looking for the best app!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Zen labs for me too. Now using the C210K from them.
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I bought the Couch to 5K app, and I have no problem spending a few dollars on a worthwhile program. And no ads!
  • sbushbask
    Options
    I bought a 5K app on my ipad and iphome and it is great. i am 59 and am on week 7 day 3 and plan to go to the 10K app after this. I enjoy the motivation, accomplishment, and inches lost.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    i have one titled simple c25k which acts as just a simple alarm system and use noom cardio to track my calories
  • yallcallmedeb
    Options
    I used RunDouble's C25K app and love it. It tells you when to run, when to walk, your current pace, overall pace (does not include warmup walk), current distance, and overall distance (does not include warmup walk). As others have said, there is a 2-week free trial and then it costs under $2. They also have a number of other apps. They have a fun run app which is free. There is a 5K Improver, a 10K app, a half marathon app to name a few. They all work the same. I like their website. You can see a picture of where you ran and get your times, etc to do number crunching (if you are into that or are competitive or just want to know that you actually ARE making progress!)