My running NSV

Options
Dark_Roast
Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
I ran in my first 5k race on Saturday. Before I started MFP, I would have NEVER considered running in a race, now, I'm entered in two more this fall. The run was difficult, it was all on grass and dirt, and I'm used to pavement. But I never stopped running!

During the race, somewhere around mile 2, I passed a woman who had stopped running and was walking. As I passed her, I said 'Keep going, you can do this!' She started running again and passed me. She stopped running about 1/2 a mile later and again as I passed her I told her that she could keep going, and she started running again.After the race she came up to me and told me that she really appreciated me encouraging her.

I have to say, she made me feel really good. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome, I am in my first 5K this october and I am a little worried I will have to walk. I am only up to running 1.5 miles so far. Great job.
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    There were quite a few that walked, I know I wanted to!
  • ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Not only for completing it yourself, but for being such an encouragement to others! Everyone should do a race like that, just to feel the encouragment from others is so moving!
  • Eireann15
    Eireann15 Posts: 124
    Options
    Great job!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!