When is the best time to drink protein shake?

Options
I just bought some Six Star Triple Chocolate Whey Protein powder. I haven't had protein shakes before except the Atkins shakes. When is the best time to drink them? Should I expect side effects??? Should I drink lost of water with it or maybe eat some food with it?

Help!

Replies

• Raven413
    Raven413 Posts: 86
    Options
    I drink mine after I workout. It's my breakfast. Everyday I have Chocolate Shakeology with almond milk and PB2. Sometimes I add 1/2 a frozen banana Hmmmmmmmmm good and filling!
  • tinabell153
    tinabell153 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I've heard that I should drink it after a workout. I wonder if it matters.
  • Percyjs
    Percyjs Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just bought some Six Star Triple Chocolate Whey Protein powder. I haven't had protein shakes before except the Atkins shakes. When is the best time to drink them? Should I expect side effects??? Should I drink lost of water with it or maybe eat some food with it?

Help!

Most protein powders can be mixed in water, made into smoothies or even no bake cookies! It's best to have your post workout recovery drink/meal within an hour after a workout. Depending on what's in your powder, the only side effect may be bloating...but that's very rare. If it's a recovery blend, then you'll be less sore. WIN! :)
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I drink one with my breakfast, then one in the evening, after my workout.
  • tinabell153
    tinabell153 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! This helps. I'm going to look into those no bake cookies haha!