The Mind catching up to body size....HOW TO?

Options
I have read threads here about this, with much agreement it happens to others. But I didn't see people say their mind truly caught up! Did yours?
I am looking for methods of how to 'help' my mind along. Anyone have any success with this and PLEASE can you share how?

This is not the first time I have lost weight. Of course, I wouldn't be here now, but I regained it. I never quite have gotten my mind to see me the size I am. I feel like I robbed a skinny teenager's closet for clothes, my mind says they don't fit. Of course I put them on and they do.
I cannot grab clothes off the store rack and take them home.... I always grab the wrong size. Even out of my drawer! This morning I went to dismiss a t shirt as being too little. I put it on and it was loose.
Last week I did a BMI and TDEE calculation, and I thought it was odd numbers, then I realized I put in the weight my mind thinks I am, not what I weigh.
Other than my stomach being small than my chest now, and I don't look pregnant, I really don't see the weight loss in the mirror. Everyone else does! I have even made myself stare at the image, trying to burn it into my mind.

I am trying to burn the image of the scales numbers into my brain also. ~sigh~ clearly it isn't working.

I have read that our body will match our mind. Our thoughts become reality. I believe this! I always creep back up to that number that is stuck in my head.

I want a new number in my mind. I want to see myself as the hottie I am, and not the image that exists in my head now.

So, ANYONE? Did you overcome it, and how??????

Replies

• nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    havent yet... not sure if I ever will. Not going to allow this to sabotage me to regain anything so I'm going to therapy in a few weeks.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Well for me it hasn't happened.... I still at times see the 560 lb. man I use to be.... Now I have my days where I am fine but do I still avoid the mirror?? Yeah majority of the time I do... I have been in therapy for over 3 years so I am still a work in progress..... Best of Luck