2»

Replies

• StoutGirl09
    StoutGirl09 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    TO keep your job, their right lol
  • PerfectAndi
    Options
    I work as a bartender (in fact that's where I am right now. On break of course!) and you would be surprised how many dumbass teenagers/underaged people try to pass themselves off as 21 and then attempt to suduce me or pay me off. Just for a flipping drink! Its like "Hey dumbasses, I'm not gonna lose my job because you want a freaking drink!"
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    In fact sometimes they're just a dumbass...

Having trouble bridging the gap between what they are telling me they need and what they have in their mind that they need.

It's almost as if they are speaking another language - and when you finally figure out they needed a widget when they've been asking for a thing-a-ma-bob, they're like, "Yes, that's what I've been trying to tell you, you idiot!" And it's not just customers... it's bosses, too!
  • violetta88
    violetta88 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have no problem with a customer being wrong. As long as they're polite about it.

Now, the ones that are rude, disrespectful, think I deserve to be spoken to like I'm beneath them, make snide comments about my intelligence/appearance/attitude, threaten to report me to some higher power simply for doing my job, think they know my company's policy better than I do ...

Ahem. Sorry.

Retail. Left it a year ago, will never go back :)
  • hebenn01
    hebenn01 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Customers challenge me on a daily basis. As if I have no idea what I'm talking about.

"can I get an estimate on a paint job?"

I'm sorry we don't do complete paint work.

"are you sure?"

or "do you work on campers/trailers/motorcycles" No sorry but you can try this place.... "oh are you sure? because I could have sworn you did"

UM YEP I'M SURE!!! I feel like Helen the waitress in Tommy Boy. "Sorry the grills closed. We only have cold stuff and dessert."

"Are ya sure? Some chicken wings would really hit the spot."

"Let me check. (she remains standing there) Yep it's closed."

LOL
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options

I love this website :)
  • Xstitcher74
    Xstitcher74 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My Aunt owned a bar. The sign hanging over the register- "The customer is always right, but WE get to decide who is a customer." :drinker:
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, agreed! I'm in quality control so I listen to a wide array of customer service/sales calls from different companies daily (geeksquad, telemarketers, derma wand, sensa, etc.) and it's extremely amusing to listen to some of the customers and their demands.

I feel for all of you having to actually deal with these people either via telephone or face to face!
  • redder2
    redder2 Posts: 30
    Options
    Some good points made. Plain and simple to me the customer is not always right. However they are still the customer, and they are the life line of businesses. They deserve respect until they get out of hand, then I do not need their business. If they are jerks they are going to be jerks with just about everyone. I do agree though some are really............
    In fact sometimes I can be a jerk as well, but I try not to be.
  • BARBY1956
    Options
    And the customer usually doesn't even listen to what you are saying. I answer the phone for a public water department with,"Logan City Water Department", I get "Is this the water department"? On one occasion after I gave my usual greeting on the phone, the person on the other end ask, "Do you have my brother in jail"? WTF. Really? How do you get county jail from water department?
    Here's your sign!!

Also with being a government run water agency, If a customer doesn't like an answer, I also get the old "Well, I pay taxes so I pay your salary." Really? Then I must pay myself too cause I also pay taxes.
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    I have worked with the public for many many years. I am considering getting a warehouse job where I don't have to talk to anyone. Just do my job and go home!

I have at least one story a week that I share on my newsfeed that has to deal with dumb customers.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I love when customers tell me their order was made wrong when I took their order and they didn't order it that way. I get some people make mistakes (our new employees) but I've been working at McDonalds for over 1/3rd of my life (AH HOW DEPRESSING!) and yes, I do make mistakes, but not often. When a customer whose order I just took comes and *****es and screams at me that their burger has pickles when they claim they specifically ordered it without pickles, I want to open their sandwich, pull the pickles off in front of them and stuff the burger in their mouth.

They act like it is the end of the world when in reality, unless they have a pickle allergy (which they should state before hand because the grill team doesn't change gloves for each individual sandwich so there is pickle juice on their gloves) they can pick the damn pickles off and will never know the difference. Other condiments I get, but most people b*tch about the freaking pickles!
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Also with being a government run water agency, If a customer doesn't like an answer, I also get the old "Well, I pay taxes so I pay your salary." Really? Then I must pay myself too cause I also pay taxes.

I work for a local govt organisation - one of my colleagues had a customer who said that, had great delight in pointing out that the customer was on full benefit so was NOT paying this tax, however my colleague was. It was very satisfying :laugh:
  • GaryRussell123456
    GaryRussell123456 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid to fire the customer!
  • Berto0391
    Berto0391 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I have no problem with a customer being wrong. As long as they're polite about it.

Now, the ones that are rude, disrespectful, think I deserve to be spoken to like I'm beneath them, make snide comments about my intelligence/appearance/attitude, threaten to report me to some higher power simply for doing my job, think they know my company's policy better than I do ...

Ahem. Sorry.

Retail. Left it a year ago, will never go back :)

THIS!!!!
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry,
    I'll stop buying stuff
    :cry:
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    My son, 10 years old, when at a restaurant, will order one thing, but in his mind, he's thinking about something else, when they bring the wrong thing, starts complaining, and we're all like, "dude, that's what you said". He refuses to believe it, even though we all heard it. I'm afraid, he's going to be one of those people. :noway: :grumble: :noway:
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    This thread just reminded me how glad I am that I'm not in customer service anymore.
  • bblich02
    bblich02 Posts: 57
    Options
    ive worked in customer service for almost 1 1/2 years. my last day is thursday!! spewing off tracking numbers all day just doesn't do it for me, especially when i hold a biology degree. hello nursing school