What's a good DVD set?

2»

Replies

• jonilynn70
    jonilynn70 Posts: 145 Member
    I would recommend Jillian Michaels also. I have the 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30 and Shred it With Weights. I enjoy all of them. And they each have 3-4 different levels, so you can do whatever you feel like and never get bored. You can buy them for about $10 on Amazon.

I agree - the Jillian workouts are all 3 level workouts and they can be as challenging as you desire - I'd recommend any of them for starters - 30 day shred is great!! Don't let the names scare you - and they are only 22 minutes.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    there are lots of exercises on youtube.com, livestrong.com,fitsugar.com,etc
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    I'm gonna inbox you. I was gonna say P90X but then read you can't devote that kind of time. How bout 45 mins X 5 days per week? And something you and your wife can both do?
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    sent a message :)
  • Oscbena
    Oscbena Posts: 5 Member
    There are many good DVDs out there that can give you great results. Which one is best for you will depend on many factors like current level of fitness, how much time do you plan to devote to the workout and what are your fitness goals (more weight loss, toning, muscle building, etc).

I can only speak about what I have used and have worked for me in one way or another.

-Power 90: is a good beginner’s boot camp - they help you with weight loss and toning. Videos range from 30 to 45 minutes. The total commitment is 90 days.

-Insanity: As the name implies, this workout is insane. it is very very intense and if you are not ready for it, you might end up quitting it because it feels too hard. This is a cardio based boot camp that is most helpful to lose weight and some toning. The time commitment is between 42 and 60 minutes but you get faster results. the program lasts a total of 60 days (63 including fit tests). This is the program I used as my primary weight loss tool.

-P90X: This is a total body transformation program. You will lose weight, tone up and even get ripped depending on how you use it and your current level of fitness. This is a longer commitment. Workouts range from 50 to 90 minutes and the total commitment is 90 days. I'm currently using this program to tone up after all the weight I lost with Insanity.

-TurboFire: A this is a cardio based aerobic workout that makes you feel like you are in an actual class. A lot of the moves are similar to Insanity, but less intense and with rocking music that makes it more like a fun dance. My wife just started using this program. DVDs range from 30 to about 50 minutes.

I hope that sheds some light into some of those programs. Again, I'm recommending these because I have personally used each and every one of them (except for Turbo Fire that my wife is using) and I have experienced the results. There are many other programs out there that might be as effective, but I can't recommend if I don't know how they work.