Starting Over

Options
I have been on MFP for over a year now. Made a couple replys to other posts, but never posted one myself.

Over this past weekend, I went on a slight binge. I know that we all do it at some point now and again. It's inevitable. But haflway through the weekend, I made a decision. That decision was that I would complete my weekend binge and start fresh over today. I'm not very far from my next goal, but it is tough to maintain and I get frustrated not being able to eat the things that I have acquired a taste for over my 56 years of life. But it is now time to start over.

When I told my friends I was going to give up beer and soda starting today until the end of September, only one person told me good luck and that he would support me in my quest to better health. My other friends just looked at me and said "WHY???" or "SURE YOU ARE". My answer to them was " JUST WATCH ME". My bartender just laughed at me and said "YOU'LL HAVE A BEER". Nobody wanted to bet me that I could do it because I believe they know in the back of their minds I can do it.

I'm going to work harder with my personal trainer, get more time in walking, riding my bike, and restting up my Total Gym for that extra workout everyday.

Today is the beginning of a new me. I know it will be tough.

So wish me luck because here I go.

Replies

• IrenieL
    IrenieL Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Best of Luck !!!
    I know you can do it
  • gshoemaker06
    gshoemaker06 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Best of luck! But it doesn't sound like you needed it. I find motivation to spite friends is more than anonymous support ;-)

No but in all seriousness, I could easily give up soda. But giving up beer, you my sir have a strong will.
  • LeslieC1970
    Options
    Good luck!
    I know it is hard to give those things up in the summer time but you sound resolved. I am sure you will be successful.
  • lizarene3
    lizarene3 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! I'm starting over today myself, let's prove all those naysayers wrong!
  • nikkiharbor1
    Options
    You don't need luck...you got this!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    well hell WE know you can do it!!!!
  • xrayhal
    xrayhal Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good luck friend! Find new friends. There are people out there who will root for you. The hornet is long, sometimes, but it is the journey that defines us and we can find small victories throughout our days. Feel free to add me. I'm working on loosing 50 too and I have already been motivated by your story. Let me return the favor.