Biggest Loser Wii Game

Options
I'm just wondering if anyone has tried it yet? I want to get it, but I would like some feedback first.

Thanks in advance! :smile:

Replies

• Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I was also wanting to get this game. I'll have to check back to see what others say about it.
  • jdejre_k
    Options
    I have the Wii version and just started it yesterday. I really like it!

It is kinda a combo of Wii Fit Plus, EA Sports Active and MyFitness Coach.

It has the ability to use the balance board to weigh you (like Wii Fit) and you weigh in once a week (it has it scheduled on Sundays, however it can be changed).

Like MyFitness Coach, it offers recipes and has recommended calorie intake. It allows you to input either actual calories consumed or select "small meal," "medium meal," or "large meal." It tracks your exercise and allows you to input exercises done outside the game, as well. It then grades you on how well you did that day.

It does have video tips and also reminders from Bob, Jillian and former contestants. They are interesting to look through, but follow pretty much what is said on the show.

The exercises are definitely more like MyFitness Coach (IE: real exercises, not games or sports). You can select your fitness goal (maintain healthy weight, lose a little weight (which combines fat burning and muscle toning) or lose a lot of weight (focuses on calorie burn). You also select the level of activity that you want (beginner, advanced, etc). You can either follow their routine, or select from specific exercises and can pick either Bob or Jillian to work out with.

I selected "lose a little weight" (with Bob), which gave me a goal of 1 pound per week (beginners level... I am REALLY out of shape!) True to its word, the exercises were easy (more than MyFitness Coach). That being said, I did break a sweat and it did get my heartrate up! The exercises yesterday worked on lower body and was 20 minutes long, done in 3 circuits. You can select exercises with or without the balance board.

The nice thing about this game that is not seen with other Wii games is the warm up and cool down activities. Warm ups include 6 minutes of light jogs and stretches. The cool down include 8 minutes of yoga and stretches. (These were in addition to the 20 minutes of actual workout time. There is also 2 breaks scheduled in the workout, so it is about a 35 minute workout, total!)

The schedule had me working out Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and a weigh in on Sunday.

This game does calculate calories for you and is displayed in real time. My only complaint is that it does not log it for you or display it after the workout, so you either have to write it down or remember it if you need the data later (like to log on here). You are graded on how well you completed the exercises based on how many calories that you burned.

The game does allow multiple users that seem to allow matches and competitions, however, I have not used that feature! I am trying to get my husband to play, but to no avail....

Like I said, I just started it yesterday, so I am not familiar with all of the features yet. I will try to update once I play around with it more.
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I rented it, I will most likely buy it in the future but I just started My Fitness Coach (It was cheaper to buy at the time). I liked it a lot, but have two issues....there are a lot of squat type exercises, so it is sometimes a bit rough if you have bad knees (like me), I did a lot of modifying. Also, the calories it logs are wrong, it said that after a 45 min workout I had only burned 28 calories, I don't think so! So I just ignored that and put it in here as aerobics.
    I think it could be worth it, I'm waiting for 'Your Shape,' I asked for it for xmas, it looks fantastic! It comes with a camera that sits on your tv and it projects you onto the screen, looks pretty neat.
    Good luck! :bigsmile:
  • tdbear
    tdbear Posts: 13
    Options
    I haven't tried this one but I do the Wii Sport and Fitness. How do you determine the calories used?: I am definitely getting a work out with the tennis and the aerobic sections.
  • haley4tn
    haley4tn Posts: 130
    Options
    I absolutely love it. You have a personal trainer in your living room. We have Wii Fit, Sport and Wii Plus, while they are great for working out. I think the Biggest loser has more push to it for a better workout. You can target certain areas of your body that you want to work on. Also, I like that the moves are simple moves such as a chopping wood move, you act like your swinging an axe, you don't realize the muscles you use for that move.

Highly recommend!!!
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!

It sounds like it will be great for a workout! I have wii fit plus now, but I was thinking I would like something else so I could switch it up once in a while. Plus, it looks like biggest loser puts more pressure on you to succeed, which is what I need. Now the question is to buy it now or wait for Christmas :laugh:
  • haley4tn
    haley4tn Posts: 130
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!

It sounds like it will be great for a workout! I have wii fit plus now, but I was thinking I would like something else so I could switch it up once in a while. Plus, it looks like biggest loser puts more pressure on you to succeed, which is what I need. Now the question is to buy it now or wait for Christmas :laugh:

I say get it now. I had that dilemma too and couldn't wait for Christmas. I think adults are worse than kids waiting for Christmas presents.

You might want to wait a bit to see if anyone will have a deal on buying Wii games, you might save a little cash.