Is it possible to lose 10lbs by Sept 23rd?

Options
You guys think it is possible to lose 10lbs or at least few inches in a months time? How many days a week should I focus on exercise how much cardio vs strength training to get there?

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Possible yes.....easy probably not. 6 days a week. Strength train 3-4....do cardio if you want....Keep your diet in check.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    why? class reunion? wedding?

you could probably do it, but who cares about the number. Work hard, eat right.
  • Ash_ah_lee
    Ash_ah_lee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Yes 2 pds a week !
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    forget about weights and numbers, just do your best. this is for life not just a quick fix. and enjoy it!
  • OneFitDude16
    Options
    you should have at least 1-3 rest days a week. Intense cardio and some weightlifting will take off 10 pounds like its nothing.
  • mfoutch86
    Options
    Well how much do you have to lose total? I think it is possible, IF you are perfect and stay focused. However, the less you have to lose overall, the harder it will be. If you have 100 to lose, 10 isnt much. If you only need to lose 12 lbs total, 10 will be significantly more work.
  • dwoodmanjr
    dwoodmanjr Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Sure is - I'm losing just short of 15 lbs per month and have lost about 10 inches off my waist since January. Weight Watchers and Met-Rx 180 6 days a week (3-4 days Conditioning/Shaping, 3 days Cardio and Kickboxing)
  • ParaSempreAmor11
    ParaSempreAmor11 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    yes you have around 4 weeks it is possible to lose 10 pounds will it be easy? HELL NO!!! work out 6 days a week do cardio every day for about 1-2 hours and strength training 3-4 days a week, and eat healthy with all that said good luck have fun hope the best for you :)
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I'm shooting for 13 lbs lost by the 22nd because that's my 30th and a nice round 50 lbs lost seems like a nice birthday gift to myself.
  • aaeros
    aaeros Posts: 157
    Options
    Cardio 3 days a week, Strength training or Circuit 3 days a week. Depending on your current diet, you'll probably lose some quick water weight. But you have almost 5 weeks to work on it. Starting TODAY.
  • gshoemaker06
    gshoemaker06 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    You guys think it is possible to lose 10lbs or at least few inches in a months time? How many days a week should I focus on exercise how much cardio vs strength training to get there?

I think this depends a lot on your starting weight. Which judging from your profile pic doesn't seem high. I would do a mix of circuit training and cardio, while obvious keeping your calories in check.
  • dachic4
    dachic4 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    if you have a super bad diet, like tons of sugar and carbs. then go to this calorie counting business... you will definately lose it. i lost 10 pounds in my 1st month. 5'7 180lbs 24yoa used to be althetic. did little working out. even though that will definately help solidify the weight loss. i dont see it in inches though. definately can see it in my face/neck
  • KyleWitt87
    KyleWitt87 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes. Make sure you are getting all of your vitamins (supplement if you have to) and only eat whole wheat/grain carbs. Also, avoid high sugar products and measure/weigh your food to get accurate calorie intake. Stay under your calorie goal, eliminate processed foods and try to burn 400 cals a day doing some sort of excercise and you should be fine. Its not easy, but after a while you get used to it, then soon after it becomes a habit. Ive lost over 20lbs in less than 2 months, so im proof its possible. I have been slipping up the past week or so but now im back in the game lol.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Yes.

It depends on your fitness level and eating habits.

My advice: strength train and eat clean.
  • MiCool90
    MiCool90 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    more than possible, yes
  • jlevie313
    Options
    I am doing some photos on the 23rd and I want to look a little fitter. Yeah its not really the number I guess just overall looking better and fitting into this dress better! I have about 40 lbs to lose so I am def going to give it my best shot! I am eating much better overall i think I just need to hit hard on the exercising! I have Hypoglycemia which screws with me a little so I have to watch everything that much closer! I love MFP by the way everyone is great!
  • alothabread
    Options
    Yes. I lost 10 lbs in 21 days on the Daniel Fast.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    If you have 40 to lose, you should be able to do 10 in a month's time. If you only had 10 to go...it would much harder.

Good luck, and just stick to it. That's definitely not an unreasonable goal.
  • jlevie313
    Options
    Thank you guys I guess it will be a challenge accepted thing :happy:
  • Illusent
    Illusent Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can...

5 days per week (1-2 hours per day) - Strength and Cardio training
    Keep your calorie intake lower (this amount varies depending on your size)
    Fruits and Veggies
    ...and LOTS of water!

Good luck!