Need help getting through a 1 year plateau

Options
2»

Replies

• conure2
    conure2 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You might try going lower carb - say between 50-75 carbs per day. Lay off the alcohol, sugar and potatoes for awhile and see if it helps. Just an idea...
  • danielleneumann
    danielleneumann Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    :blushing: Those are all excellent suggestions everyone. I really really appreciate it. I'm going to think more about what has been said and try a few of the suggestions. To answer ruthiecass yes I have taken breaks. Probably no more than 2 weeks and no i didn't notice too much of a difference.

I am trying to be honest with myself as well. I am not really that strict when it comes to my diet. I don't usually have a calorie deficit when it comes to food, my deficit is usually because of the exercise I do. That might be something I need to look at as well. I have a pretty healthy appetite and I love food, but I eat pretty clean so I figure that's not a bad thing. I have to be honest with myself about alcohol though. 5 coronos on friday night, 1 caeser, 2 martinis on saturday was my weekend this weekend:blushing: it's summmerrr and I always want to drink more in the summer. I really need to get that in check.

I am going to check out the New Rules of Lifting for Women almc170 and maybe switch to full body workouts (that used to be all I do and when I think about it, I was seeing better results with the full body workouts). I'll also try lifting more with less reps.
  • danielleneumann
    danielleneumann Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    And my boyfriend keeps telling me I need to eat more protein so maybe this time I'll listen to him and pretend it was his idea.