HELP! I keep getting sick!

2»

Replies

• RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    I agree. You think you are eating healthy, but you don't eat vegetables. You need a nutritional overhaul. You might want to visit a nutritionist or wellness coach because in addition to not eating enough vegetables, there could be a myriad of other things you don't get. I don't see any legumes (beans) and you are probably low on iron as well, and some days you are very low on protein. Your body needs fat and protein to have a strong immune system. Adding Vitamin C is great but it's not the only thing you need to worry about.

Ruth
    I looked at several days of your diary and saw lots of processed foods, many with no nutrient value, and not one green leafy vegetable. I would expect to be hungry and sick eating this way.

This. ^

Poor nutrition equals poor health, more often than not.

My diary is open to everyone. None of us are perfect but eating an overall healthy diet based on whole foods, will really help.

I take a few vitamins (krill oil, ubiquinol, berry extracts), but vitamins are no replacement for healthy foods.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Just a thought...

When we get sick with a virus or cold I always spray everything down with Lysol, then get a new toothbrush. Toothbrushes harbor all those nasty cold germs.

That may not help with your diet, but it may keep you from getting sick again.

Getting a new toothbrush, probably good advice. But spraying Lysol (and breathing/touching/eating it-kids put hands in mouth) all around the house doesn't sound great to me. Illnesses are fought off by a strong immune system. Adding more contaminants than there already are in the house, will not help the immune system imo.