Favorite beauty secrets REVEALED!

Options
Brittany3914
Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
In college, I lived in a sorority house with 48 other women. By sharing a bathroom with 10 ladies, I learned many beauty secrets that I still use almost 5 years later.

1. Baby oil is an excellent eye make-up remover. You don't need to spend $5 on the cosmetic brand. A bottle of baby oil costs half the price and lasts 3x as long.

2. To better curl your eyelashes, blow your curler under your hairdryer for a few seconds until it's warm, not scalding hot. The warm curler will keep your lases curled longer.

3. I learned about this product through my very honest and not product-pushy hairstylist. For hair volumizing powders, she recommended Not Your Mother's brand (found at Wal-Mart for $4.75). After trying salon-quality powders with a pricy tag, she thought Not Your Mothers did a better job, not to mention it's double the size of more expensive brands!

:) What are some well-kept secrets you've learned over the years? Let's hear 'em!

Replies

• slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I'm going to check out that baby oil trick!

Some of mine:
    -Putting ice cubes under your eyes takes away the dark circles temporarily
    -Add a tablespoon of white vinegar to a cup of hot water to make your own brush cleanser
    -Beat up an egg white, brush it on your face, let it dry, and peel off for instant blackhead remover
    -Honey and brown sugar makes a great facial scrub. Add olive oil to make a moisturizing lip scrub
    -One part apple cider vinegar, two parts water, and one asprin tablet make a great toner