what protien powder to buy??

Options
heya, need some advice, im looking to buy protien powder online like now if u get me, and i want a diet protien powder, bt one that tastes really yummy, im thinking vanilla flavour so i can put my own twist on it
please can u give me ur input! :)

Replies

• xMillyLouisex
    xMillyLouisex Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    bearing in mind im from UK
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    bump - i am interested in this too <3
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    gnc.com has many flavors to choose from. not sure if the ship internationally but you could give it a shot. i like the vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, cookies n' cream. i usually get a different one every month. i get the AMP wheybolic extreme 60
  • ukcookie
    ukcookie Posts: 11
    Options
    I use Maximusle http://www.maximuscle.com/promaxdiet
    cheaper to buy from Amazon.

One of the expensive brands out there but I like it.
  • waylandcool
    waylandcool Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I use the Wheyabolic Extreme 60 myself as well. Just 1 scoop for me (20grams instead of 60) is enough for my post workout shake.

I've also used the EAS Lean 15 powder. That night be easier to find. I get it at Target or Wal-Mart.
  • Plalfischer
    Plalfischer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Body by Vi protein powder is the best you can add anything to it. I like to mix Genesis Today Acai berry juice, greek yogurt, and the protein powder in a shaker.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Scivation Whey tastes really good and mixes well. Low cal, low carb, low sugar. Reasonable price too.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I don't know about "diet" powders, since I avoid most conventional diet products.

I buy Mercola protein powders. They are from free range cows and minimally processed. I buy Pro Optimal (strawberry, chocolate, vanilla) and Miracle whey unflavoured (Miracle whey comes in lots of flavours). I will probably stick to the unflavoured from now on because it is much higher in protein and I can by natural fruit powders (nuts online has some) and add them myself. I don't like "sweet" especially if it means artificial sweeteners.

Sometimes I add coconut milk, almond milk, super seeds (chia, flax, hemp), or whatever to my whey shakes.

Edit: I live in Canada, in a remote community and I usually pay nothing for shipping from Mercola.com (US based). The products are a little more expensive than some (ones that aren't as good), but I can't get free shipping from very many companies. It is likely that Mercola has reasonable international shipping too.
  • Garethkk
    Garethkk Posts: 21
    Options
    I've tried loads and I'd instantly recommend Dymatize ISO 100. No carbs or fat at all, tastes great, mixes very easily with no lumps, and is great for dieting. Bio synergy also make a zero carb and fat powder but it's not as good as the Dymatize one in my opinion.

Edit : By the way I'm also from the UK.
  • xMillyLouisex
    xMillyLouisex Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    thankyou guys really helpful advice!! :) x
  • fallonrhea
    fallonrhea Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I use dymatize elite and it's fantastic! It tastes great and trainer/nutritionist approved. I did a lot of research to find this one and I have absolutely no regrets. Many people recommend it too :)
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I'm quite against protein powders as I don't think them natural - here's something amazing I came across: http://www.chefmorgan.com/tofu-protein-shakes-a-complete-meal
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Personally I quite like the PhD whey - Quite possibly the best tasting shakes i've ever had and mixes perfectly with just water.

They do a diet whey that comes with green tea extract amongst other things - its a pretty decent all-in-one.

Their 'vanilla creme' flavour is fantastic, and almost makes you feel like you should be guilty for having it!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Based on some comments, I decided to check out the ingredients of Dymatize ISO 100. While it might have no carbs and fat, it is isolate (instead of concentrate), and contains GMO soybean oil (so how is there no fat?), sucralose (Splenda-usually has some carb value too), artificial flavours, and colour (in some). It also doesn't say much about their processing methods or the quality of the milk used (ie cows from industrial farms or grass fed?).

I get that some people want to avoid fat (not sure why) and sugar (mine doesn't have sugar either and doesn't use artificial sweeteners) but I'm most concerned with the quality of my food. Those ingredients are all deal-breakers for me. I'm glad for this post because I was tempted to buy some Dymatize supplements and now I'll rethink that.

Whatever works for you; I'm just throwing in my two cents worth. I think it's important to know what is in a food, even if one still decides to eat it.

Edit: I just looked at the Elite All Natural and it's a step up, but still has the soybean oil in it. Better choice though imo.
  • ritmeyer
    ritmeyer Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    While I am very big on eating clean, my husband is a type 1 diabetic and we have gone through many protein powders trying to find one that won't mess his blood sugars up. We LOVE the dymatize 100!! Berry flavor we have been using for 6 months and just ordered some chocolate.

Also, we use Ultima replenisher as an electrolyte drink. All natural, in case anyone is looking for a good one.
  • roduk
    roduk Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Maximuscle is an ok product but tastes and mixes like sh$%. Sci-mx is absolutely gross it doesnt mix at all, avoid at all costs. PHD tastes great mixes good. Just because you're in the UK doesn't mean you cant get American brands. try Amazon. American brands tend to do things better but as you already know its a minefield. try Syntax Matrix 5.0 its a good blend of proteins is good value and tastes better than the ones ive listed that are readily available.
  • ShaneOSX
    ShaneOSX Posts: 198
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition is the best protein powder on the market, with no competition. Get the natural versions.

I don't know much about diet protein powder, but whatever they did to make it "diet" probably isn't good.
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I think it's fascinating to see the range of brands that people swear by. I've tried a handful and none have come close to beating out Optimum Nutrition's Double Chocolate in my book. It mixes easily (no lumps), doesn't have a weird aftertaste, etc. The ON Natural Vanilla isn't nearly as tasty, but I'm getting through it by mixing with other things. :drinker:
  • rcillo219
    rcillo219 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I use Body Fortress products which I really like. I buy mine at Wal-Mart but I am sure you can find it online. It is inexpensive and has a very good flavor. For me I went through about 3 brands before finding this one because I wasn't too keen on the flavors.
  • cserg
    cserg Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Juice Plus Complete- Juice Plus+ is a 100% natural plant-based and fiber-rich “clean and green” whole foods shake that is free of animal products, dairy, gluten, wheat, yeast and artificial sweeteners. And it is yummy!