Ideas on the Best AFFORDABLE HRM

Options
Hello Everyone,
I'm interested in buying a heart rate monitor. However, I'd really prefer to not spend too much, I guess $50 would be my max if possible.

This is what I need:
-Accuracy! This is most important for me as the reason why I'm interested in getting a HRM is to try to accurately log my calories to kick this into high gear

-Easy to use. I'm just not that interested in a fitbit or anything you have to pay too much attention to, as I'm already in love w MFP and I just want to know how many calories my workout burned.

-Affordable... just ya know don't want to break the bank. I'm looking forward to spending more money on new clothes when I hit my goal

Thanks for all your suggestions!

Replies

• ValRAAAAY
    ValRAAAAY Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I got my Polar FT4 from bodytronics.com for $58.76 (WITH tax and free shipping) If you order one from there, use coupon code POPO. I LOVE mine!!! :-)

Hope this helps!!!
  • hlp423
    hlp423 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    AHh Im interested in this also as my old one broke. Everyone talks about how expensive fitbits and bodybuggs are and suggest getting a HRM instead, but the HRM everyone recommends on here is polar and its almost 100 bucks at ****s! Ill keep my eye on this one.
  • hlp423
    hlp423 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just got censored on the name of a sporting goods store. :D
  • ewunia99
    ewunia99 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    thanks Valh
  • ewunia99
    Options
    haha did you really??? thats funny.
  • ewunia99
    Options
    Anyone have any thoughts on the New Balance HRM? they seem to be pretty affordable.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    My honest opinion is to allow yourself to spend outside of the $50 budget and get a Polar HRM. I had the same budget when I first started looking for an HRM and basically searched and researched for a about three months trying to find one that was in my budget, got good reviews, was reliable, etc. etc. I never found one that fit into all of the criteria. Overall, everything under $50 just always had really sub-par reviews.

In the end, I realized that this was an investment in my health and my long term happiness once I'd accomplished the goals it would help me achieve and that the little bit of extra money was worth it for that. So I bought a Polar FT4 and after having it for over a year now, my only regret is the three months that I wasted trying to find something cheaper.

Based on everything I read during those months of research, you'd end up spending the $50 for the "affordable" HRM and then having to spend it again when it stopped working or spending more to get a better one since the under $50 one wasn't accurate. So it's ultimately cheaper in the long run to just get the Polar to start with. :)