First Time, First Day

Options
Just wanted to say hello! I just downloaded the app to my smart phone and am Ioving it!

I've always struggled with my weight. About 10 years ago, I lost 65+ lbs on Weightwatchers but now that I'm 41 and my metabolism has slowed down...man...it's hard to lose some lbs! Plus, herniated disc on L5-S1...but I'm determined to start somewhere (again)...

Wish me luck!

Shanan

Replies

• AzhureSnow
    AzhureSnow Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Good luck, Shanan!

I had a herniated disc at l4-5 and am 1 year post-op for an artificial disc replacement. I am 100% pain free in my spine, and more active than I've been in years! I hope you find some relief, because back pain is horrible!
  • Midnight1210
    Midnight1210 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I empathize with both of you!

I have been living with permament nerve damage on the entire right side of my body since 2004. I always have that "crawling" sensation you get when your leg falls asleep on that side - but flare ups are sudden, often without provocation - and leaves me feeling like I've been tasered.

What I have is not something surgery can fix, but I'm determined to do what I can to lower my weight and stay as active as possible. Pain is an unavoidable part of life for many of us, but I believe that it's our choice whether or not pain will dictate our lives.
    Rise above, push further and you can accomplish anything you set your heart and mind to.

I know you can do it! Never give up on yourself!

Best of luck to you on your journey!
  • cmcorn26
    cmcorn26 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! :smile:
    I just started using this app on my smartphone and love it! I can really see what I am putting in my mouth!
    I've never liked keeping track before.
  • DaintyAngelDreams
    Options
    Good luck :)
    Hannah xx
  • shananie71
    Options
    back pain is awful...I've been pain free now since June. I had the 3 spine injections--steriods. Worked but still get some nerve issues down my right leg. I want to get back into my Zumba and belly dancing but a little afraid because of the back.

I am REALLY hard on myself and know that it will take time and consistency to lose some lbs. I lost my step-father (who raised me) this past Dec and I know grief has played a big part of my weight gain. But, I also met the man of my life right before my step-father passed and after almost a year of dating (and now living with each other), we've gained weight together. It's easy to do when you first start dating--eating out a lot, drinking, socializing. I am hoping he'll see me slimming down and eating better that he'll jump on the bandwagon. But, either way...he supports me.

Glad I found y'all!
  • Ltrautman80
    Ltrautman80 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Good luck on your journey. Feel free to add me if you need additional support. :smile: