Having trouble staying on track!

Options
Hi there. About a month ago, I had a pretty significant life event, and just told myself that as long as I didn't gain weight for the 3 week period that I had to deal with it, I was okay with that. Well, I didn't really gain any weight, but I'm having trouble being consistent and getting back to the diet now, so it's now been about 7 weeks of my not being consistent with the diet. I'll be great a few days a week, and then go over my calories the other days during the week. I have also had a lot of celebrating and vacations lately (and 2 more vacations before october), so I'm just having so much trouble focusing. Has this happened to anyone? any advice for getting and sticking to the diet. It also doesn't help that I've actually been feeling really hungry all the time. I am so scared of slipping back into my old habits, and I still want to lose another 25-30 pounds, so I can't stop now. Any advice, please?

Thank you!

Replies

• HealthyMe46
    HealthyMe46 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Sure, I've lost track, too! The trick is to remind yourself why you want to lose the weight, forgive past mistakes, and start over tomorrow. If you're feeling hungry, try more protein and/or more water. Good luck - It's so worth it, right?!
  • somemansdream
    Options
    Lord knows I have this problem and other than knowing that you can turn it around in just the next few minutes by making good choices for the rest of the day---know that you have that turn-around power.
    However, can't offer any real advice other than that because this is one of my key issues. Good luck and I hope you find something that really helps. Debbie