Why am i losing no weight?

Options
Im following their plans and 3 weeks later. no weight lost.

Replies

• wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Open your diary. No one can help you if they do not know the facts.
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Can't see your diary, so no idea.
  • AmandaInGA
    AmandaInGA Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    yeah... an open diary will help people to see what you are doing.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Gotta open the diary. No one can help you if they can't see your habits.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    People need a bit more information if they are going to give you any advice. First you need to open your diary and then give your height, weight, what you are trying to acheive.

Also tell people what you have tried, your excercise etc then perhaps they can help you out.
  • epmck11
    epmck11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Whose plans are you following exactly? Could you have been any more vague with your question?
  • NancyG55
    NancyG55 Posts: 86
    Options
    Logging in, being honest with yourself, and keeping an accurate food and exercise diary will make all the difference! If you are doing that, and staying under your calorie goals that are set, you should lose the weight, even if just a pound or so a week. At least that is how it is working for me!
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    Who's plan are you following?
  • lynn_marie68d
    Options
    Open your diary. No one can help you if they do not know the facts.

^^^THIS
  • Captain_Spatchcock
    Options
    Cut out all bananas, grains, and never eat pork on a Sunday. Also, "Cardio, Cardio, Cardio"! Also, try calorie zig-zagging! And tae-bo!

Just kidding. I have no idea what you've been doing thusfar so can't really advise.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Looking at your profile, like others mentioned, cant see your foods, but here is my take on it.

You have been at this three weeks. You havent filled out your profile, which tells me you arent very serious about this. Also, your other posts say you take in too much sugar.. well.. i mean, there ya go. Its obvious you arent eating correctly. It said you only go over "10-20 a day" not sure what that means, but if you mean calories, then that isnt going to make much difference, HOWEVER it depends on if you chose a sedimentary lifestyle or active as to what your calorie intake is. Its possible you have it set wrong.

Being honest with yourself is going to be the first step in achieving your goals.

Lastly, if you are infact following strict guidelines, eating clean, staying away from junk (which you obviously arent from your previous post in the forum) and you are exercising and you still arent losing weight, then please see a doctor to rule out any other issues.

Good luck!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Some things you may want to consider:

-Are you drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day?
    -Are you getting enough sleep, 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep every night?
    -How is your sodium intake? Under 2500mg per day? more can make you retain water.
    -Are you exercising? Sure, weight loss should be calories in/calories out but if your fat is like mine it laughs at that notion. I need to MOVE to lose weight.
    -Are you recording everything you eat? Some plans consider fruit and veggies as 'free' food...however consider that just ONE banana has 100 calories in it. You need to record everything you eat and drink.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Let me get out my magic 8 ball and find out.
  • BadAssUnicorn
    Options
    Right, well, if it were me I'd just chuck in the towel and say, "screw it."

I certainly wouldn't write a vague post about it.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    ok your diary is open now, but you do not consistently log your food. This is very truly one of THE most important steps in using MFP to help you eat healthier. Once you can track everything that goes in, you can see what you need to change. There's no doing this half-way.
  • betterplayer
    Options
    ok adding everything
  • redlady82
    redlady82 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Is that your diary open? I went back about a week and only saw 2 days with food logged. In total Looks like for today it's hot pockets and chocolate cake. That's a lot of sugar. Staying in a calorie deficit works but depending on your body(and most people) taking in too much sugar is not going to be good for body fat. It would also help if you started logging your food and exercising and doing some form of weight training. This would help if you do have sugar to make sure you that carrying weight and eating sugar doesnt lead to being diabetic. Go for some more veggies and lean meat.
  • wlkumpf
    wlkumpf Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    are you working out every day? I find I have to eat some workout calories back in, but I also have to take a day or 2 off sometimes for my weight loss to catch up?

Keep going! Most of your weight loss will be diet. Hard to focus on working out and diet. Look for other NSV's as well as time for your body to get used to the idea of what you expect. It took 3 weeks for the scale to move for me too! But I tried eating my workout cals at the same time it started to move,.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    How are you following any plan if you don't keep track of your food? And today? Hot Pockets and Cake? I think you're smart enough to know that one cannot live like this.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You need to actually log all of your food. I also recommend tracking sodium instead of vitamin C. Excess sodium will make you retain water like crazy.