Starting over....yet again

Options
I am beginning to get very frustrated with myself. I know I am not happy where I am, yet I am finding it very difficult to find the time and energy needed to eating right and exercising. Right now I work 40 hours a week and 20 hours a week for internship for my Masters degree and I have a husband and 3 children at home (11, 15, & 16) they are not little anymore so I cannot use that as an excuse. My graduation is 5/4/2013 and my 20 year high school reunion is a year from now. I don't know what I can do to get myself in gear and make time to make this a priority in my life.

Replies

• smalltank
    Options
    It's all about "how much do you want it"..like anything else..gym isnt going anywhere..and neither are you..so...keep everything low card til you free up time
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Just start small. Drink water, record it.

then decide how you want to eat - and record it.

you can do it !
  • stephyj528
    stephyj528 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    yes start small also maybe lower your expectations...for a week put your goals at half a pound loss....then if your good with that after a week or 2 then bump it to 1lb a week..it took me 3 weeks to really adjust and get the hang of it..but i lost 5lbs in that time so i was like ok cool this works haha
  • macorbaley
    Options
    I cannot tell you how many times I "started". Keep starting until it clicks and you get some momentium, then success is yours. Good luck!
  • sharimarie
    sharimarie Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the support and tips. I found this on pinterest and thought I would share http://www.runningfordummies.net/2012/06/dummies-guide-to-waking-up-early-to.html
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    You only need a calorie deficit to lose weight so just make healthier food choices and watch your portions....sounds like you don't have much extra time to sleep let alone go to a gym. If you still want a "workout" maybe wear ankle weights under your clothes every day and take the stairs instead of elevators, park at the back of the parking lot, etc.... That'll add to your calorie burn...
  • sissie2955
    Options
    I have been here lots over the years. I have an extremely full schedule as well. And I found 85-90% of this was diet alone. I only walk 1 hour a day. The miles increased as I got healthier but the time has stayed the same and Ive lost ALOT of weight. I currently at a little flucuation but is all good been there before.

For me and my schedule the best thing for me to do was take time one day a week 1-2 hours and make my week's worth of meals and have them ready to go, weighed out and there was no excuse for time this way. I made that simple little cut in my free time and made it about my health. Try it it may be the best thing you ever did. :) Good luck and keep it up. Feel free to add me.:smile: