Best Immersion Blender (stick blender)

Options
uzit_13
uzit_13 Posts: 41 Member
I've heard these things can be great but the prices vary greatly. Consumer Reports has only reviewed 5. Customer feed back has rated the recommended blender at 1 star, so that's not a reliable source. America's Test Kitchen requires a subscription, so I'd like to know,

What immersion blender would you recommend?

Replies

• WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I don't understand what the 'customer feedback one star rating' you are talking about. You saw only one review that was one star?
    Consumer Reports is pretty reliable, I trust them about 80%.

Anywho, I have a Cuisinart Smartstick and it came with a chopper and whisk attachment and a measuring/blending cup. Love it, and have had it for years. No problems.

I bought a Thunderstick because I thought it was cool to switch out the blades, yeah, the blades broke and the plastic housing on the blender broke making the blender useless, all within 4 months of buying it. I paid less for the Cuisinart.
  • uzit_13
    uzit_13 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Consumer Reports recommended the Breville Control Grip. However, when you look at the user reviews for that product it only got 1 star out of 5.
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I've had a KitchenAid for about 3 or 4 years now. I use it a few times a month and I love it. I had a Sunbeam a while ago before this one and although it worked well, it wasn't as powerful as the KitchenAid and only lasted a year or two. My KA came with a whisk and a measuring cup thing. Works great to crack eggs in the cup and mix them with the blender. Haven't tried it for actual smoothies, but it works great for pureed cauliflower, mashed potatoes, and crushing fruit. I don't know how it works on crushing ice.
  • stygmah
    stygmah Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have a Bamix. It's ok. Don't believe the hype though on the nut grinder attachment -- it works, but it's only been 4 years and already it's cracking. It does make homemade mayo, low fat "ice cream" with skim milk and ice and all sorts of cool stuff, if you know how to use it. It has supposedly been around for years. Even with it's shortcomings, I'd buy it again.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I have a kitchen aid KHB100 and it's awesome! I have used it multiple times a week for about a year and a half now and there's no sign of slowing. I got it on sale for $35 but I think they run about $50
  • marathon64
    marathon64 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I have a Braun that my brother got me on sale at Costco several years ago and I love it it has held up well to lots of use. It is 200 watts and it came with a whisk and chopper attachment. I use it for blended drinks and it works great. From a quick look I am guessing the Cuisinart is the standard now. Keep your eye open for sales/specials etc as they are pricey but can be got for better prices for sure...