having trouble staying on track!

Options
Hi there. About a month ago, I had a pretty significant life event, and just told myself that as long as I didn't gain weight for the 3 week period that I had to deal with it, I was okay with that. Well, I didn't really gain any weight, but I'm having trouble being consistent and getting back to the diet now, so it's now been about 7 weeks of my not being consistent with the diet. I'll be great a few days a week, and then go over my calories the other days during the week. I have also had a lot of celebrating and vacations lately (and 2 more vacations before october), so I'm just having so much trouble focusing. Has this happened to anyone? any advice for getting and sticking to the diet. It also doesn't help that I've actually been feeling really hungry all the time. I am so scared of slipping back into my old habits, and I still want to lose another 25-30 pounds, so I can't stop now. Any advice, please?

Thank you!

Replies

• LynnMarieBell
    Options
    Hi there,
    First I want to say - be kind to yourself! Any significant life event can really rock the boat - and you might need a few more weeks of being gentle to yourself!
    That being said - please remember that the kindest thing you can do is to exercise and eat well. It is the best way to deal with stress, and to keep your mind in a positive place. It may be hard - but instead of thinking of it as weight loss, think of it as self care - much like a pedicure or buying new earrings.
    Congratulations on the weight loss so far - you can do this! I want to lose the same amount, 25-30. You CAN do this!
    Take care,
    Lynn
  • LetsDoThis103
    Options
    Thanks, Lynn!