hi, 60+ staying healthy

Options
I'm new, live in Concord, CA, 60 + with a SLOW weight loss, but I'm in it for LIFE. Hope this program keeps me recording daily food journal and exercise. Weight has been a problem entire life and finally realized I need to develop muscle and fitness. Looking forward to sharing stories and hope.

Replies

• Rdahl2
    Rdahl2 Posts: 90
    Options
    Welcome Patricia184! :smile:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    Hi Patricia, Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    This is a great site. Take the time to learn about all the great features and use them.
    You will succeed if you work hard and don’t lose sight of your goal.
    This site changed my life and it can change yours

Take it one day at a time
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Take baby steps
    Drink lots of water :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Think of this as a new way of life, not just a temporary diet.

It always helps me to log my food first before I eat so there are no surprises. :laugh:

Find a group to be part of and check in with them every day. The best way to find a group is to go to the message boards and read a lot of the threads until you find a group that has what you want, then reply and say you want to join and then participate regularly with them and get to know them. My groups are 50+ women and senior golden sneakers. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • spinningmango
    spinningmango Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp
  • patricia184
    patricia184 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your encouragement. I've been on diets all my life, since I was 11. Just this past year realized I need to have muscle, not just reduce food intake (I'm 63!) A slow learner, I guess. I am looking for group support because I think that is one of the keys. And a food diary too.