Calorie intake vs exercise

Options
2»

Replies

• llstacy
    llstacy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Let's start with the 1200 exercise calories. That's a ton. Are you sure it's that much? Let's end with the eating only 1600 calories. Why so little. That would be an acceptable amount to eat if you did NO exercise. I mean, not a single running step and not a single pound lifted. Just cut to 1600. But 1600 including exercise? No way no how, I don't care what your size and weight are. Now excuse me a minute while I convert kg and cm to imperial measurements.....

Okay I'm back. You're 6 foot and over 250lbs. If you're truly burning 1200 calories in exercise then you need to double the amount you're currently eating. Can I ask what exercise you're doing that gives you this 1200 calorie burn?
    My calorie burn is done essentially in 2 sets at the gym bot of about 45-50 minutes each. I spend 30 minutes on a spin bike mainly doing hills, use the rower for 10 mins or jog/walk for 10 minutes and jump rope 400 times at 100 jumps per 'set'. I use a Polar H7 Bluetooth heart rate monitor with my iPhone and use the iRunner app to measure heart rate and calorie burn, and my average heart rate when working out is between 155 and 166 normally, and my peak gets up into the 190's. when i work out I work out hard and come away literally dripping wet.

I wa ssceptical at the rate of calories I was burning also, but have also used a Polar mopnitor with their watch and get the same, and have used the one at the gym (not sure what brand but not Polar) and get the same results. the Gym owner who is a competitive judoist (is that a word?) said that even now I must still be eating too much which is why nothing is moving. He's and idiot
    If you were starving you'd be losing weight. I don't know why you'd call someone an idiot for telling you that since it's the truth. I'm sure you're nutritionist/body builder friend will help since you respect them. Best wishes.
  • xspader
    xspader Posts: 5
    Options
    I called him an idiot because his information was incorrect. I have spoken to some nutritionists and they have confirmed that I am in starvation mode, so my body is holding on to fat/stuff and not burning it off or releasing it as it needs it to function. I am dropping one training session a day initially while I am getting my new nutrition plan done.
    Thanks everyone for your comments and advice