Need help i am a NEWbie

I wanted to know if anyone knows if i burn more calories than stated on profile and it says that i have 500 extra calories due to the exercise that i did today do i have to eat those calories? i am constantly burning more calories than stated on my profile!

Replies

• sidco
    sidco Posts: 3
    I wanted to know if anyone knows if i burn more calories than stated on profile and it says that i have 500 extra calories due to the exercise that i did today do i have to eat those calories? i am constantly burning more calories than stated on my profile!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Welcome.

Now please go read this post.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6556-the-answers-to-the-questions

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Hi! Welcome! For your question, there has been much debate. Please check out the post titled "THE answer to THE questions" as it has much detail about the topic. If you need further help, there are some other posts. Hopefully this helps! Let us know if there is anything else. And GOOD LUCK!!!!

*Kistinbee*
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    *sigh*

NOJUST KIDDING!!!!!
    (it's a long story sidco, I'm just trying to get a chuckle out of everyone who has read these posts over the last few weeks, your question is perfectly valid.).

OK so for real, sidco, there are a bunch of posts out there, so rather then re-write them, I'll just give you the links. The short answer is if you stay in a healthy range then generally you don't HAVE to eat your exercise calories, but if you start dipping below 1000 calories less then your maintenance calories OR if you go much below your BMI, you can start to see difficulties with loss and possible health problems if you stay that way for an extended period.

here is a more in depth description

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6556-the-answers-to-the-questions?hl=viviakay&page=3#posts-46017
  • sidco
    sidco Posts: 3
    Thank you all!
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    banks1850...you are too much LOL!!! :laugh:

dd
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    :devil:

I was waiting for someone to notice that one.

:wink: