Where else can I put my HRM watch?

Options
No jewlery, watches etc are allowed to be worn in my kickboxing class. They are strict about it because it's a martial arts studio and they don't want to the mat floors to get ruined (no shoes either).

From what I understand the chest strap is what takes the reading so I don't HAVE to wear the watch on my wrist, right? I thought about looping it through the back of my sports bra but we do ab work and that won't work when I'm laying down. Where else can I put it?!

Replies

• RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    I would loop it in the front of your sports bra. You could also test out how far you can be away from it and possibly leave it on the sidelines in a bag or something (or where you store your shoes)...?
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I agree, i would try attaching it to the front of your sports bra.

As for leaving it on the sidelines, I know with mine (polar FT4) it has to be within 3 feet of the chest strap, but I would check your HRM to see if that's a possibility.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    The chest strap feeds the data to the receiver in the watch, so if the watch isn't started in receiving range, you're not getting any data pulled.

I'm not sure what the range is, but you could do some tests with it to see if leaving it off to the side would be okay. Or, if you keep a bottle of water near your, maybe strap it on that.

Around the front of your bra would probably work, but likely not be terribly comfortable.

Do you have pockets on the bottoms you wear? Could sneak it in there. Or, there's a company that sells a little pocket flap thing that folds over the edge of your waistband that you could look into as well.
  • Ashers83
    Ashers83 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'll try sticking it in my front. I think leaving it on the side will be too far away. I have the Polar FT4 which is waterproof so getting sweaty shouldn't be a problem... I hope!