Leftovers....

Options
NYChick84
NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
Do you like them or hate them?

Personally, I love them for lunch the next day. And in all actuality, it has more flavor since it 'sat' overnight. I know a few folks that are repulsed by leftovers....why? lol It's money wasted IMO.....

So what are your thoughts on it?

Replies

• Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I am a bad leftover guy. I will not eat left over pizza or anything, it if doesnt get eaten that day then it doesntt get eaten
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I cook in bulk so I kinda have to
  • epmck11
    epmck11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I love leftovers. That's that many less meals I have to cook.
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    I like leftovers so much that sometimes I think about ordering pizza in the morning and sticking it in the fridge until dinner.
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I hate leftovers for the most part. Nothing tastes as good reheated as it does made fresh.
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I cook in bulk too and so does my mom. Food that you make (or order) is money you spent - so why throw it away if it's perfectly good still? Just wasted money, IMO. Plus, leftovers are great to snack on, great lunch or even dinner for the next night.
  • smhammons
    smhammons Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Leftovers are my main meal I cook all my meals for the week on Sunday.:love:
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I don't typically like leftover beef or pork, but leftover chicken is ok if eaten cold. Leftover pancakes are lovely, though. I eat those hot or cold. Cold roasted corn on the cob is also excellent. And, most soups definitely get better with age. If something needs a little help - like leftover roasted potatoes, I just throw on a tablespoon or two of parmesan cheese and it's all good!
  • cls_333
    cls_333 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Why would you not eat leftovers? It makes life so much easier, and they're just as good! There's just not time to cook a good meal every night (not to mention for lunch), and I'm not eating fast food! So cook one good meal, and eat it for days. No more cooking, no more shopping, no more dishes. Anyone who says they won't eat leftovers obviously doesn't have to cook for themselves, or they are spoiled and were brought up to be wasteful, or eat a lot of fast food. But of course that's just my opinion. :D
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I absolutley love leftovers and agree it tastes better after it sits. After I cook dinner I portion out meals for the next few days nothing ever goes to waste. Yummy :drinker:
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I cook 3 or 4 casserole/stir fry meals on a Sunday and box up for lunches during the week. Dinner is something quick thrown together, and if there are leftovers they go in a box to be taken for lunch. I wouldn't survive without leftovers!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I love leftovers. That's that many less meals I have to cook.

Me too!
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    It really depends on what the leftovers are. There are some foods that work great as leftovers, and others that most definitely do not.
  • mandersatx
    Options
    I love leftovers, and my cooking revolves around them. For lunch today, I had borracho beans I made almost 2 months ago. I make a big batch of something and freeze it into individual portions. Saves money, it's way healthier than the ones you buy at the store, and you always know there's healthy & "fast" food at home. Last week I roasted a chicken, which we had with veggies for dinner. I picked the meat off the bones, boiled the bones for stock, and made 3 more distinct meals from the leftover chicken - Chicken corn chowder (made with the homemade stock), chicken salad sandwiches, and quesadillas.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I hate leftovers for the most part. Nothing tastes as good reheated as it does made fresh.

homemade mac and cheese definitely is way better reheated =)
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    We had 5 leftover chicken breasts in the fridge today and my Man wanted me to cook Shake n bake chicken breasts. I took all of the leftover breasts and cut them into little pieces and made Chicken and Rice, and it was awesome! He wasn't to upset that we didn't have shake n bake. He loved it and so did my son.

So, I love leftovers.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I like the convenience of leftovers. It means less cooking for me! My husband hates them. He says it's because his mom was a terrible cook and they always had to eat leftovers that were burnt to begin with, so were extra gross later. He doesn't mind mine too much, because I'm an awesome cook, but he doesn't always eat them because he wants more variety.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I HATE leftovers unless they are tomato based (pasta, pizza, my chili), marinated meat, or sweets.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I love leftovers, but I agree that some things taste better after they've been in the fridge for a day. I try not to waste any food.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

homemade mac and cheese definitely is way better reheated =)

So are braised short ribs :)

I like some things left over. I won't eat left over seafood since it never reheats well. Also anything that I cooked rare or medium I don't like reheated.