Takeout

Options
Anyone have good suggestions for quick and easy takeout dinners? My husband often picks up dinner on his way home when I don't feel like cooking and I would rather he pick up something somewhat healthy for us - I'm just having trouble thinking of possibilities that aren't fast food, greasy and generally not nutritious. Suggestions please...

Replies

• daniellealys
    daniellealys Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    where do you live?

Our go to ones are:

Chipotle vegetarian salads. The trick: dont ever get sour cream or cheese here. they layer them on and its all the full fat versions. Get guacamole instead. If you must have cheese or sour cream, add it at home. you will still save yourself lots of calories and fat!

Tein Li Chow, I get tofu with mixed vegies and DH gets chicken and broccoli. Both healthy and best stats you can find at a Chinese restaurant.

Chilis has an amazing grilled salmon, broccoli and black beans dish that is so good and good for you!.

Potbelly (or any sandwich shop) chickpea salad (use Ken steakhouse lite dressings at home) also, no cheese. the bluecheese adds serious fat!

Noodles and Company actually has amazingly yummy food that has pretty good stats!

But, these all get expensive quick! On nights where I dont have the time or energy to cook I always reach for soup and salad or sandwich. Or frozen vegie chicken patty or burger with soup or salad. Great go to meals that doesnt require much in the fridge or any time or effort :D

Do you follow "hungry girl"? she talks a lot about restaurants.