What's the single biggest change you've made?

Options

Replies

• AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking my calories, cold turkey. I used to avoid water, because I don't like the taste. I drank 2-3 12oz hot teas with 3tsp of sugar and several glasses of whole milk.

Now, I drink water. I think that's a large part of why I'm dropping pounds.
  • absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Logging. It's something I haven't done before and it has the most impact to my level of exercise and the amount of food I eat. I don't work out too hard and I eat normal healthy food. Prior to logging I wouldn't exercise as regularly and I'd always eat just a bit more.
  • RawVeganFlirt
    RawVeganFlirt Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    going vegan :) and never goin back babyyyyy
  • cashew1b
    cashew1b Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    POP and have been drinking tons of water:D

This... except we call everything Coke.. :laugh: and I do still have a Diet Dew with lunch or an occasional "real" coke with dinner.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    the biggest change for me is making fitness a priority.

But in terms of food, other than the generic portion control, it's eating a large hot breakfast every morning. I used to skip breakfast all the time. Now I consume 500 calories before leaving the house.
  • misao1994
    Options
    We've all made changes to our lifestyle in pursuit of better health, but what is the one change you've made to your diet and exercise that's had the biggest impact on your weight loss? For me it was cutting out all alcohol during the week ... now:bigsmile: I want to hear what others have done!

Become a runner! I run between 4-6 days a week!(:
  • foryoublue
    Options
    I've all but eliminated processed foods and white carbs from my diet. Makes a WORLD of difference.
  • lupo316
    lupo316 Posts: 26
    Options
    Replaced eggs with egg whites. Was shocked to learn how much calories are in egg yellows.
  • caslyn3
    caslyn3 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Mountain Dew, REAL sweet tea, not just unsweet with splenda ( still drink that ) Drink more water, exercise 4 times a week as to where I never worked out. NO PIZZA.. I stopped drinking alcohol as much. I will have the occasional beer or shot but I do not binge drink anymore. No more chicken nuggets from Mcdonalds :-( I haven't had a real hamburger in 75 days.. The most dramatic change for me though would be portion control. I used to stuff myself... and now I am finding it easier to stop before that happens and be content with what I have. because I am eating more often.. I snack throughout the day.. on healthy stuff.. carrots, yogurt. .etc.. no more candy bars or sodas. The hardest part though has been chinese food and pasta. I don't even eat it anymore because I have no control over when I stop..
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I made a vow to stop eating fast food starting August 1st. Three weeks in tomorrow and still on track! It's been an awesome change leading to a great jump start this go around!
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    2 really big changes I made were to cut out regular sodas (I was a Dr Pepper addict) and to cut out my full sugar, carb overload frappuccinos from Starbucks. I now drink the occassional Diet Dr Pepper from Sonic and I drink an occasional light Frappuccino from Starbucks.
  • awenske1
    awenske1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Biggest would be drinking only water as much as possible too. I only drink alcohol once a week. Also I only buy rice cakes & reduced fat cracker snacks instead of chips. I am a chip fanatic so that was difficult for me. I also buy special k protein snack bars with chocolate so if I'm ever craving chocolate or ice cream I just eat one of those instead & that does the trick!
  • lisamarie327
    lisamarie327 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    drinking water, and not drinking sodas and other sugary drinks.
  • LewisMrsType
    Options
    It isn't a single thing, it's a combined effort:
    (Before I started at all, I quit smoking. It's hard to seriously dedicate to your health if you're still playing the lung cancer lottery.)
    -First, I started to exercise. I now workout 6 days a week. This is a product of knocking off that stupid habit of "I can't" and trying EVERYTHING. I like to exercise, and that shocked the crap out of me.
    -Calorie counting followed by portion control. I don't need all the food I think I do. I'm not *actually* that hungry. Boredom will **** you up.
    -Last week I gave up alcohol. That is the big one for me. I've been a hardcore drinker for years. Every day, SO MANY EMPTY CALORIES... I'm lucky my liver isn't shot. Though who knows.

I think the alcohol is the biggest thing, though. When I made that change it really proved to me how important my health really was. It's the biggest sign of commitment I've put out there. I'm proud of that. And also, if I really expect to get this beer gut off, I can't really keep drinking, now can I?
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    My idea of exercise was walking across campus. Now I workout 5-6 times a week.
  • JessePaige90
    JessePaige90 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have almost cut out soda. I occasionally slip. This will be a challenge as long as there is Ginger Ale and Dr. Pepper in the world.
  • wjimenez10869
    Options
    OMG , without a doubt calorie counting / watching. I NEVER thought I would be doing this
  • dizneedana
    dizneedana Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I was drinking around 6+ cokes a day. I quit cold turkey when I started this 1 1/2 weeks ago and replaced it with water. Before I hardly drank water. Also in the mornings I would put in a Tbsp. of sugar in my coffee and drink a lot of sweet tea. Its amazing I am not diabetic! Now water is pretty much all I drink. If I crave soda I tell myself I can have a diet soda if I drink a bottle of water and still want it. Nine times out of ten I don't want it anymore. I also have been exercising more and feel a lot better in the short time I have been doing this.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Giving up potatoes, sweet tea, and dr. pepper. I actually eating veggies and fruit, I never even ate a peach until last week, and I'm 27 years old! My parent didn't make us eat fruit or veggies growing up. Meat and potatoes were a stable. :(
  • Moniluvluvs2run
    Moniluvluvs2run Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Cut out my beloved Dr. Pepper.. Haven't had one in about 13 months.. Doesn't even sound good anymore. Way to sweet.