Help! Birthday party this weekend

Options
My birthday is Saturday and all plans are centered on drinking to some extent. I'm going to a bar for the LAST Iowa Hawkeyes football game in the afternoon and will try to drink light beers (just a few!) even though I'm a Guinness girl.

But Saturday night my friends and boyfriend are taking me to a Mexican restaurant nearby that has authentic food and great margaritas. I know I'll eat vegetarian enchiladas with rice and beans (not toooo bad) but what can I drink that won't set me back on ths progress I've made? I know it's my birthday, I'm indulging a bit, but I'd like to lessen the blow so to speak.

And then chocolate tequila flan for dessert....I don't even know how to calculate all the stuff I'll be eating/drinking on my birthday dinner. Should I just hit the gym really hard during the day, do a workout DVD after the football game (before dinner) and then just try to be reasonable at dinner/after party drinks?

Advice, por favor :)

*Puedo hablar espanol porque vivia en mexico por un semestre pero no he hablado mucho recientemente*

Replies

• katie517
    katie517 Posts: 159
    Options
    Watch the UofM v. OSU game instead, then you won't feel like eating.

Okay, so that advice would apply more to me than you as I am a UofM fan. However, the down fall to it is that I WILL feel like drinking heavily.

I say hit the gym, stay hydrated throughout the day and let it go. Enjoy yourself on your birthday. Hey, you never know. The extra cals may bump up your metabolism. - This tactic worked for me this last weekend. Try not to feel too guilty (I know it's hard).

Happy Early Birthday! Good luck to your Hawkeyes!