Does fat make you feel more full?

Options
I haven't been really hungry today (except the 7 hour gap between breakfast and lunch...I didn't have much of a choice though)...like I had to force myself to eat after the gym, but I couldn't even finish what I made. I also noticed that my fat intake's a lot higher than normal though. So what's you all's take on it? I'm just curious. :)

Replies

• apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    For a while i was making this kale chicken salad I had for almost two weeks straight with half of a avocado added...

I was so stuffed...especially if I had it for lunch that i couldn't eat dinner! I tried it once without the avocado to save calories...and didn't feel that satiety.

So yes..more cals but in the recipe but I I ended up eating less overall because the fat from the avocado just filled me up so darn well!

Anyways, thanks for this post. You just reminded me I need to go out and get some more avocados!
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    absolutely big YES! Only the good fat, though. Disgusting fat makes me feel...well fat and disgusting (like lard, grease, deep fried stuff).

Good fats like avocado, nuts, egg, coconut oil/EVOO make me feel very full when I eat them.
  • SilkyHotspur
    SilkyHotspur Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    fat is slower digesting and will stay in the gut longer, ergo...you feel fuller longer...protein has the same effect. Eat good quality fats and more protein for the long haul.
  • RawVeganFlirt
    RawVeganFlirt Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    absolutely. i swear by eating peanut (or any nut) butter everyday, i actually struggle to get enough calories in sometimes because it stops all my cravings and holds me over for hours and hours

don't be scared of healthy fat it's your friend! :D
  • vanessairene
    vanessairene Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    absolutely. i swear by eating peanut (or any nut) butter everyday, i actually struggle to get enough calories in sometimes because it stops all my cravings and holds me over for hours and hours

don't be scared of healthy fat it's your friend! :D

What she said!!
  • filming_ghosts
    Options
    Okay, thanks guys :) I normally eat peanut butter everyday, but I've eaten a lot of nuts and flax seed today, so that's probably why haha.