How do I stop eating the junk food???

Options
2»

Replies

• amrita0286
    Options
    Motivate yourself, if you work at a computer all day long put up a photo of yourself (one that you don't like) and use it as a motivator to look your best. If that doesn't work and you need encouragement, put a photo up of something that encourages you.. maybe a new wardrobe? ;)

You don't need to set it as your wallpaper even, just bring it to work and put it in front of you as you work. The first few days are the hardest to break a bad habit but soon you'll be use to it. Bring healthy snacks with you from home and drink water while you're working.
  • MissCierra2008
    Options
    Just remember: "nothing tastes better than being thin feels!!" :)

I live by those words and they keep me from driving my car through the window of a krispy kreme store! lol
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    If it were me I would have to look for another job. :laugh: Donuts are my weakness. I can avoid eating them, but if I happen to eat just one...then I'm doomed. I will eat as many as I can "legally" get my hands on.

As far as your situation, will power is the only thing that I think might help. You're not eating because you're hungry, you're eating because you're bored and it's there. Maybe, bringing some of your own type "junk" food like maybe Fiber One brownies, or look for low cal dessert options that you can bake and bring to snack on? I know if I had a choice between carrots or donuts...the carrots would get moldy.

LOL love your honesty!!! I too would need to change jobs ;)

My thought is to log it before you eat it, and then work out how much you'd need to exercise to burn it back off. Usually enough to frighten me away from my nemesis, chicken chips...

I'd look for a different job as well - I just wouldn't be able to resist those naughty donuts all day long. 10 minutes is about all I'd be good for. There must be another job out there for you - in a fruit & veg shop maybe?
  • Jester522
    Jester522 Posts: 392
    Options
    nah...eat em'...i eat donuts, bagels, pizza .....account for it, give yourself one day a week of no carb counting, and eat em' Friday is typically my day at work to eat "stuff".. Bagel in the morning, followed by any Donuts anyone has, and maybe afternoon birthday cake. If not Friday, definitely Saturday.

The only rule in weight loss that cannot be disputed. The more restrictive the diet, the quicker you will fail. If you do not, you will fail and fail hard at some point....make a plan, give yourself the cheats and accept it.

Careful, I think you and I understand this concept on refeed but unless you known you have control don't give the green light for someone to go ad libitum.

Your environment can greatly affect your goals. Personally, I would look for another job thats more suitable to your lifestyle then. Knowing thats easier said than done, you just gotta learn discipline. It takes 2 weeks to kick a craving. I eat whatever I want... but I never want cupcakes so it works out.
  • yrhee
    yrhee Posts: 21
    Options
    Do you eat clean and healthy otherwise (when you aren't working at the doughnut store)?

It is very hard at first, but once you commit to eating clean, whole, unprocessed, REAL foods, your body begins to really crave nutrients and fresh food. Normally I am not a "sweets" person, I used to enjoy very salty foods. My roommate has the biggest sweet-tooth EVER and I started going with her to get frozen yogurt, chocolate, etc and my sweet-tooth exploded. I literally couldn't stop.

Once I got home for the summer, I tried to eat as much wholesome, natural food (fresh veggies, fruit, whole grains) as possible. It took a few weeks, but eventually, you really lose your taste for processed junk after you've been treating your body so well. You actually train your taste buds to enjoy something for how naturally fresh and flavorful it is, rather than drowning your taste buds in gross sugar.

Be mindful when you eat. Eat slowly, enjoy every bite.