Should I trust the scale or BMI??

Options
So I am not trying to make excuses, but I am a very broad girl I have huge bones and a big build to me. I also have a lot of muscle underneath everything, because I do lift weights a lot and I can see the definition under all of the fat that I have. I weigh around 185, but I never feel like I am actually that weight most of the time... but every time I step on the scale and says I am 185 I dont feel like I am accomplishing anything and I deter from actually eating healthy and loosing weight. When I calculate my BMI I am almost obese but yet I am skinner than mot people that are almost 200 pounds ... Im so confused and frustrated about how things are supposed to work!

Replies

• Cassandram333
    Cassandram333 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt trust either. personally, i would get a measuring tape and measure myself and see if cms are coming off
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    BMI is no good, for me to be a "healthy weight" i'd have to have 0% body fat. My lean body mass is 188 and that's exactly what I'd have to weigh to drop out of the over weight category
  • RawVeganFlirt
    RawVeganFlirt Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    BMI is a myth!!!!! if bmi was real, body builders with single digit body fat who weight 300 pounds of pure muscle would be considered morbidly obese. which OF COURSE they are not.

numbers are so mean, try not to let them get to you. everyones body is so unique, there is NO way a stupid online calculator would be able to determine everyone in the world and it be accurate

stay strong you are beautiful :D