Cold/wet feeling in knee?

Options
Hey guys,

I'm a little concerned and don't know if I should be. I noticed a small cold and wet feeling (yes wet feeling) in my knee today. I was wearing tights and thought maybe a drop of water had landed on my knee but noticed that it was taking an awfully long time for my tights to dry up. :huh: I have a dull, not very painful, pain on this same knee but it's nothing I'd be concerned about if it weren't for the coldness. It feels a lot like having a part of my knee dipped in cold water.

Any one experience this strange sensation before? I've been doing some pretty intense HIIT sprints and stair work for the last few weeks so it could be that, even though that's the last thing I want to hear. Plus like I said, it's more annoying than anything else.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I have knee troubles and sometimes when I am exercising I feel a sudden cold sensation in my knee and then the sensation spreads out to my whole knee.
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    Options
    I'm a little concerned and don't know if I should be. I noticed a small cold and wet feeling (yes wet feeling) in my knee today.

And I thought you were just happy to see me.

Seriously though, sounds like ligament damage, that happens to me sometimes. Have you twisted or hurt your knee recently or in the past?

Go to the doctor and get some anti inflammatory or try Glucosamine supplements or something.
  • nessaryan
    nessaryan Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    heh!

Ligament damage, ay? I have not twisted or had any knee damage in the past. That's what really puzzles me. Feeling it again today, so definitely going to make a doctors appointment. I'll ice it today as well.
  • Dave0408
    Dave0408 Posts: 1
    Options
    Same thing just started with me. What happened with you?
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Similar happened to me but it was along the front of my right thigh. My Dr said it had to do with nerves and recomended physio and gentle stretching.
    I did eventually go away and haven't had it return there.
    I do get the cold sensation in my pinky sometime, especially after a lot of computer work, I attribute it to carpal tunnel/nerves
    Maybe some yoga or gentle stretches might help?