Chances are you are a crappy driver

Options
DetroitDarin
DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
**If you can't understand "keep LEFT unless actually in the act of passing somebody" Please turn-in your driver's license today. Just stop. Stop driving. Get a bike. Do whatever it takes. PACING the car to your right should be an instant revocation of a driver's license pending re-training in Germany, at your cost.

Move. The. Hell. Over.

**Okay...you're going 40mph in a 55 zone. When I pass you, why are you trying to punish me by flicking on your car's hi-beams?
Let me remind you of a famous quote: "OH MAY GAWD! The guy I just passed flicked on his Hi-beams headlamps! I'm going to slow down, and get back behind him again." - No person, ever.

**If you are in the lane beside me, and both our lanes turn RIGHT...YOU NEED TO KEEP YOUR **** in the immediate RIGHT lane of the road we're turning on to. Stop driftin' your POS into MY lane.

That is all. Carry on.

Replies

• McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Every day in Miami.
  • Caz104
    Caz104 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Happens in the UK all the time too - except the lanes are the other way around!

I grew up in England and moved here 12 years ago. I think over here most of the problem is old people. Maybe I am biased because I live in Florida (aka God's Waiting Room). But I swear half of the accidents here are down to old people.
  • michelletr
    michelletr Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Exactly!!!!!!!! Another one is the people who drive slow as hell, then speed up when they hit the passing lane. They don't actually pass anyone, they just speed up. On our way back home on the weekend two cars that were going REALLY slowly took up BOTH lanes
  • MrsCass0624
    Options
    You would love the south jersey to philly drive I take every day. It's like taking your life in your own hands daily. The worse is on Friday on the way home, because everyone and their mother wants to go to the Jersey Shore, so when you live no to far from there and you have to take the same way just to get home, I sit in traffic for sometimes hours just to get home which only should take 20 minutes...TOPS....grrrrrrrrr
  • RunningDirty
    Options
    Every day in Miami.

Miami wins! Everyone slam on your breaks when it starts to rain because this is how Miami rolls. And of course it rains every day during rush hour traffic just to make commuting super special. I do not miss commuting in Miami! It's like survival of the fittest out there. :wink:
  • poshcouture
    Options
    Never had this problem in Houston...oh noooooo -it's Indy 500 everyday! Except on certain sides of the city...then E-VER-Y-ONE drives 15 mph in a 45 mph zone....no joke. Of course this is right after they pull out in front of you from a parking lot going 90 mph
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Is the OP in England, or am I confused? You are supposed to keep right unless you are passing. You are not supposed to pass on the right except under specific conditions. Here in America, we drive on the right side and the left is only for passing or turning left. In Missouri, we have lanes dedicated to turning left, so as to avoid the need to pass on the right.

http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C300-399/3040000016.HTM
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Meh I live in IL off of 294 Tollway frontage.. and people come flying off the frontage on to the main road, like they are still driving on the tollway. Happened so often that the cops got smart and started sitting at the end of my street with radar guns... not un-common to see 3-4 people pulled over receiving tickets because they are an *kitten* who thinks they won't get caught.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    my favorite is the people that are afraid of passing a tractor-trailer.
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Is the OP in England, or am I confused? You are supposed to keep right unless you are passing. You are not supposed to pass on the right except under specific conditions. Here in America, we drive on the right side and the left is only for passing or turning left. In Missouri, we have lanes dedicated to turning left, so as to avoid the need to pass on the right.

http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C300-399/3040000016.HTM

That's exactly where I got confused.

Also, you should all try driving in Newfoundland. It's my job and some days I wonder what happened to natural selection.
  • YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I love the people who can't merge. It's like they mentally shut down when it comes to a merge....Makes me pop an artery, lol!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Are you an ambulance driver or something? Just chillax man. It's not a big deal, yo. Consider anger therapy.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Chances are you are a crappy driver

so true, especially considering the m/f ratio on these boards...
  • weeblex
    weeblex Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    You would love the south jersey to philly drive I take every day. It's like taking your life in your own hands daily. The worse is on Friday on the way home, because everyone and their mother wants to go to the Jersey Shore, so when you live no to far from there and you have to take the same way just to get home, I sit in traffic for sometimes hours just to get home which only should take 20 minutes...TOPS....grrrrrrrrr

My pet peeve about Jersey drivers is that they drive in packs. No one wants to faster or slower than everyone else so they will speed up and slow down to form 8-10 car packs. I love it when I lead this pack and I'm the front car on the inside lane, I will take my foot off the gas and see just how slow the pack will go till one of the participants gets ballsy enough to start their own pack. :bigsmile:
  • S1NN3R
    S1NN3R Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    my favorite is the people that are afraid of passing a tractor-trailer.

Some of those guys are crappy drivers!!!
  • S1NN3R
    S1NN3R Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Also if you drive a mini van...down here those people are the worst drivers.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    LOL. The one that really kills me is when people just can't stay on their own side of the yellow lines going around a curvy road. I recall being 16 and my goal was to go around the curve as quickly as possible while still being able to stay on my own side. I have never changed. The only difference now is that I learned how to "hit the apex" like a race car driver which basically means you take the curve through the straightest line you can possibly get on the curve instead of hugging the outside edge of the curve.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Is the OP in England, or am I confused? You are supposed to keep right unless you are passing.
    I was so confused by this, too. He lives in Detroit, no?
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Never had this problem in Houston...oh noooooo -it's Indy 500 everyday!
    Seriously. If you're in the left hand lane in Houston, you better be doing 90.
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Amen Borther! Just drove from Orange County CA to Tahoe on the 5. I wish people learned and loved the rules of thte road. Just move OVER!