Book suggestions needed

Options
13»

Replies

• DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I found "Delirium" by Lauren Oliver and "Pure" by Julianna Baggott to be as enjoyable as the Hunger Games Trilogy. They are also both the first of trilogies about post-apocalyptic young adults.
  • Barribomb
    Barribomb Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    marking, there are some good suggestions on here.
  • jtslim42
    jtslim42 Posts: 240
    Options
    Currently i am on the 3rd book in the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series. They are great. Pioneer Woman is a great book as well. I highly recommend it. I enjoyed Hunger games and the 50 books as well.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Currently i am on the 3rd book in the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series.

I alternated between loving and hating these. Sometimes the characters made me soooo mad!
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    My newest love is John Green. I just finished "Will Grayson, Will Grayson". So good! YA books but so, so awesome!

Also, "God-Shaped Hole" by Tiffanie DeBartolo and "Kings of Colorado" by David E. Hilton.
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    If you like coroner/mystery/CSI sorts of stories, Patricia Cornwell is a great author. For something a bit more current/philosophical, I really loved The Elegance of the Hedgehog.
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    The Poisonwood Bible
    A Complicated Kindness
    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
    The Girl who Played with Fire
    The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

the last 3 are a trilogy and the first book is a bit hard to get into, but once you pass the first 100 or so pages it's AMAZING!

thanks. I did see and enjoyed the movie Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and heard the book was way better.
    I will read the other 2 from the trilogy, wonder if i should read the dragon tattoo since i only saw the movie. ???

The movie didn't do the book enough justice (although some of the characters were very well portrayed!) so definitely read it!

And while I'm posting again I'll add one more - The Time Travelers Wife