Darn Starbucks!!!

Options
Ugh.... I had lots of calories left b/c I did spin class for an hour and ran for an hour today so I decided to treat myself to a starbucks. I usually get a skinny carmel macchiato thats 120 calories but I decide to get a non fat white chocolate peppermint mocha- 420 calories?!?! Had I known it was that much more I would have stuck with the usual!

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Its ok! You burned it off :happy: Its crazy how many calories are in those drinks though....

~Leash :heart:
  • weasleman42
    Options
    Non-fat = Extra sugar

Mmmm... Oh, so sweet!

:smile:
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    That darn Starbucks!! They just built one right next to my apartment building! Darn those yummy, yummy oat fudge bars & my sweet tooth! Don't deprive yourself, just make it a small treat from time to time. Just keep it on the small size and you'll be okay!
  • amathus
    amathus Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I hate Starbucks! When I first started dieting, I went off Starbucks because I thought it was so fattening, and it was great not just for my calories, but for my wallet. But then I found out that a non-fat, sugar-free grande caramel macchiato is only about 110 calories, and now I'm hooked again. I go two or three times a week! I'm still doing well on my diet, but my wallet is suffering.
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    Hungry Girl does a whole "swappucino" series.. they take all the Starbucks faves, and make low cal versions of them, usually around the 100cal mark or less :bigsmile:

I don't know if I have any of them saved, as I generally don't drink that kind of stuff (diet soda being more my vice) but I'm sure someone on here has some of the recipes.

Its also not a bad idea to invest in your own cappuccino machine, if you drink it that much? Save yourself some cash in the long run, AND you'll have more control over the caloric content of your drinks:flowerforyou:
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Starbucks is soooo goood but sooooo EVIL!
  • igmom
    igmom Posts: 90
    Options
    Get off the coffee drinks, and get hooked on their unsweetened hot and cold teas and herbal infusions. Zero calories, and you'll feel great! Better yet, order Tazo tea online in bulk, and just make it at home.