Oh boy...here come the comments

Hi all

I started here about 8 weeks ago...I went from 155 to 141 (as of yesterday)
I am 5'7...strong bone structure etc
My initial goal was 140, but I may try and hot 138 and see how i feel
Right now I am a size 8

Well over a measly 14 pounds here come the comments (mostly from family)
Such as:
You're not trying to loose more weight are u (I'm not a railing by any means)?
Just have this or a bite of that...and on and on...don't you ever eat?

I'm not obsessed, I just want to maintain a comfy weight and eat well....why does it have to be such a BIG deal
Ugh

Thanks for hearing my vent
Kim

Replies

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Hi all

I started here about 8 weeks ago...I went from 155 to 141 (as of yesterday)
    I am 5'7...strong bone structure etc
    My initial goal was 140, but I may try and hot 138 and see how i feel
    Right now I am a size 8

Well over a measly 14 pounds here come the comments (mostly from family)
    Such as:
    You're not trying to loose more weight are u (I'm not a railing by any means)?
    Just have this or a bite of that...and on and on...don't you ever eat?

I'm not obsessed, I just want to maintain a comfy weight and eat well....why does it have to be such a BIG deal
    Ugh

Thanks for hearing my vent
    Kim
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I get this all the time.

:grumble:

"you better not lose any more weight!" (Or what? The health police will come and arrest me?)

"don't get too skinny!"

and my mom's favorite:

"don't turn anorexic!" (this seems to be her biggest fear)

There are all kinds of issues at work here, too numerous to go into. Jealousy, legitimate concern brought on by media weirdness(look at any tabloid cover with pictures of "scary skinny!!!! celebreties!!!!!), and a host of others.

Think of how tied our relationships (especially to our families) are to eating. I 'm sitting here trying to remember a family gathering I've ever been to in my life that didn't involve food, and usually too much of it.:tongue:
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    haha all i gotta say is i feel your pain!! :sad: haha :laugh:
  • I know how you feel!! i still have 62 lbs to lose, but my mother is the worst! she bakes constatntly, and is always trying to shove it in my face! she always says "oh, come on, you have to treat yourself once in a while"!!! If i was to listen to her, i would be treating myself every time i visited!! (not to mention she sends plates of bakes goods over with my husband all the time, and calls me when she makes my favorites!) she always says things like..oh, you can eat that way, but i'm living my life happily eating what i want. I've recently started avoiding going there, and warned my hubby if he brings any baking home, it has to be gone by the time i'm home from work!! lol. i've lost 23 lbs since jan 3rd, and being in the right enviroment will let me continue my success! don't let the comments get you down, they just don't understand anything about eating well and weight management. we have to be strong!!
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    People who have nothing nice to say to other's <IMO> say things that hurt becasue it makes them feel better about themselves....in your case maybe they don't want you to succeed because they wish it was them who had the will power and the confidence you have to make your body better. As an individual we need to do things that make us comfartable and happy...live each moment.

sorry to ramble...:smile:

dd/zen
  • mydogmesa2
    mydogmesa2 Posts: 205 Member
    Alot of people tend to feel jealous when they actually see someone else with will power and when they tell you to eat its really just their way of trying to make themselves feel better about digging in. Dont give in!!! Your doing whats best for you and nobody else!!

:heart: Krystal
  • mydogmesa2
    mydogmesa2 Posts: 205 Member
    People who have nothing nice to say to other's <IMO> say things that hurt becasue it makes them feel better about themselves....in your case maybe they don't want you to succeed because they wish it was them who had the will power and the confidence you have to make your body better. As an individual we need to do things that make us comfartable and happy...live each moment.

sorry to ramble...:smile:

dd/zen

Get outta my head lol!!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Oh, gosh, yes, you are not alone in this...I get it all the time. I only have one body, the one I have, and I know what I want to do with it. My husband just yesterday told me that I look different and then he had to say " I think you are losing too much weight" I have only lost about 8 pounds in about 2 months!!! That is not a lot of weight. And besides, I am finally getting to where I wanted to be in the past year!! CHEERS TO YOU!!!! HANG IN THERE!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    I wish someone would say that to me! LOL

I guess I haven't lost enough to notice... When that happens, I might just have to celebrate the thought that someone actually saw a change!!!

Have a great day everyone! I hope the sun is shining wherever you are!!!

Angela :flowerforyou:
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Get outta my head lol!!

Well great minds do think alike....:happy:

dd/zen