HELP! Loosing Motivation

Options
So I need a little help right now. I have NO motviation what so ever! I was doing so well, and then I went on vacation and now....bam! I just don't feel like moving! I need some help to get me moving again! I need some suggestions! How does everyone stay motivated???? Grrr, I hate this feeling...............

Replies

• _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I've done the same thing this summer. I'm planning on starting back up at the gym tomorrow, and by tomorrow I mean next week sometime. but this time I'm going to do it!
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Read through the Today I will Stay on Track post :)
  • 92_sweetheart
    92_sweetheart Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Immediate results are not everything. As long as you know that your putting in 100% effort and doing the best you can to make a lifestyle change. DON'T GIVE UP. Your result will happen. Find something that motives you to do your best. My motivation is that I want my nose pieced once I reach the half way mark. Another way, I would say if I lost 10lbs I am going to put aside $20 for makeup or clothing. Also, DON'T compare your weight loss to someone else. You have lost 4lbs that is GREAT! Every now and then I myself loose motivated mainly when I try something on and it doesn't look right or fit.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    ********Warning......tough love follows************

Only you can motivate yourself. Motivation, like discipline, comes from within. Others may inspire you but they can't motivate you.

You have to decide where you want to be and what you're willing to do to get there and then actually do it. Believe it or not that is the only difference between successful people and those who just go with the flow.

It's easier to keep on doing the same old same old. Change is hard and takes work. Are you willing to do what it takes?
  • JennKoz529
    JennKoz529 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    ********Warning......tough love follows************

Only you can motivate yourself. Motivation, like discipline, comes from within. Others may inspire you but they can't motivate you.

You have to decide where you want to be and what you're willing to do to get there and then actually do it. Believe it or not that is the only difference between successful people and those who just go with the flow.

It's easier to keep on doing the same old same old. Change is hard and takes work. Are you willing to do what it takes?

WOW, thank you so much for this! And you are so right!!! Am I willing to do what it takes....yes! Do I have the time....sometimes no! But I will try! Thanks again for the encouragement!

Ps. This was not tough love, but the truth that needed to be heard!!!! :smile:
  • ahelgers10
    ahelgers10 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I have been having the same struggle right now also. I had been doing great and then suddenly I can barely get moving to do any sort of workout and falling back into my bad habits of not thinking about what I am eating. We can do this!
  • GottaGetRight82
    GottaGetRight82 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i totally get it! im in that same rutt right now!