Embarrassing problem :/

Options
Fozzi43
Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
Since I've been eating better and exercising I have found I'm not going to the loo...if you see what I mean :blushing:

I've taken some stuff to 'move' things but even that isn't really working. I drink loads everyday and eat plenty of fiber....so what's going on??

Also not lost and I'm sure that's because I'm full of it....:laugh:

Seriously, some advice or explanation would be good :blushing:

Replies

• bmfoley
    bmfoley Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'll be interested in any feedback you get . . I've had the same issue!!! Coffee used to be my go-to thing but even that isn't helping! LOL!
  • leanne9876
    leanne9876 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Do you feel constipated? How long has it been?
    I've noticed since I've been eating a lot less that I don't have to go as often as I used to.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    It's a common problem, due to sheer lack of the volume of food you're used to and less fat. get some good fats inside you - olive oil salad dressing or avocados for example - and a strong cup of coffee.

I find a hard run is sometimes the only thing that gets me going, so I have to include lots of public toilets on my route :blushing:
  • gwyn48
    gwyn48 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I discovered that I can't take the fiber enriched foods, like the fiber one cereal, or bran buds. It's stops me up completely. (Dont' mean to TMI). The low carb/Atkins type of diet really throws me for a loop. I no longer eat something because it's Net grams is so low. I am actually on a 40 % carb diet and it seems to be working much better for me than the 20%

I found that my fiber intake was fine before I started dieting and I did not need to use any fiber enriched foods. I get plenty of fiber from my fruits/veggies/whole grains.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    are you eating enough fat, fat helps lubricate the digestive tract.
  • Thingirlie2012
    Options
    Have you tried taking probiotics? or include more fiber in your diet also drink plenty of water. HTH :) Just read you do consume enough fiber...maybe try probiotics?
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    2 words---CHIA SEEDS!!!

You'll thank me later. :bigsmile:
  • JUARELLANO1
    Options
    I take a Cod liver oil pill every day to aid with this issue
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Since I've been eating better and exercising I have found I'm not going to the loo...if you see what I mean :blushing:

I've taken some stuff to 'move' things but even that isn't really working. I drink loads everyday and eat plenty of fiber....so what's going on??

Also not lost and I'm sure that's because I'm full of it....:laugh:

Seriously, some advice or explanation would be good :blushing:

Make sure you eat fat and fiber--you need both.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Can't see your diary but if you're getting enough fibre and water +1 on more good fats in your diet.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,049 Member
    Options
    I'm with erickirb. I think the fat here is set pretty low. . . and it makes a big difference.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Are you getting at least 30 grams of fiber per day? add some fiber and you'll be fine.
  • Fozzi43
    Options
    2 words---CHIA SEEDS!!!

You'll thank me later. :bigsmile:

Just looked online for these...do you eat them as they come or sprinkle over cereals etc?
  • stork32
    stork32 Posts: 36
    Options
    ItWorks Greens supplement helps me. :)
  • Fozzi43
    Options
    I'm with erickirb. I think the fat here is set pretty low. . . and it makes a big difference.

The most fat I eat is my PBS on my toast, also if I make popcorn I use olive oil to lightly grease the saucepan...
  • Carla2299
    Carla2299 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I also agree with Chia Seeds ...and hemp hearts. Both are excellent and hemp hearts will give you good amounts of the GOOD fats you need.
  • NBabi91
    NBabi91 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Start tracking fiber and make sure you are getting enough.
  • Fozzi43
    Options
    are you eating enough fat, fat helps lubricate the digestive tract.

Should eat more fat but I hate using/eating it...what's good to eat that'll give me fat? I do eat lots of oily fish too?

I've set my diary so you can see it..but I only just started to use it on this part...I had a separate MFP diary before I found the forum :bigsmile:
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough fat?
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Try eating a handful of prunes or peanuts a day. This moves things along nicely. I also have a fiber one (120 calories) bar for breakfast and if I have desert it's usually a fiber one brownie (90 calories). That with prunes will move anyone :-)