20lbs down and counting!

Options
Hello all!

This is my first time posting to the boards on MFP. I've been using the program since the beginning of June and it's been a great tool for my weightloss journey. It's really help me become aware of what I was putting inside my body and how it was affecting my daily performance. Now, I know for a fact I can survive without fast food. Minus a 4 piece nugget a couple weeks ago, I haven't had any fast food in about 3 months. Subway is my go to when I feel like I need to go out somewhere on my lunch break. Back when I started this journey, I was in a bad place with my job so I wasn't able to afford a gym membership. 3 months later, my job still isn't that great but I realized I don't NEED a gym to go to. I've been rocking out with my Zumba on the Wii and have been walking around my neighborhood (in fact, after I post this I'm going out for at least a 2 mile walk!).

One of the best tools that is helping me with this journey is that my best friend is doing this right along with me. We're about the same weight and we're both heading in the right direction. It's great having someone that knows exactly what you're going through in this process. We both can't wait for next summer when we can buy new bathing suits and cute summer clothes!

I've learned to control my eating habits in a way that I didn't think was possible. I listen to my body now. I know when I'm full and I don't eat when I'm bored anymore. There have been days where I hit my daily calories by 5 pm and guess what? At 10pm when I go to bed, I'm still full. Normally, I would've snacked the whole evening long but now I pay attention to what my body needs.

I'm so excited to be doing this and can't wait to hit my goal weight :).

Replies

• Thingirlie2012
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss!!! That is fantastic!

I
  • AshleyLo_44
    AshleyLo_44 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!!!!! Keep it going girl :)
  • lisab228
    lisab228 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much :).
  • dkweathington
    dkweathington Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Me too and I know it feels great!!!! Congrats...
  • SBlost
    SBlost Posts: 90
    Options
    Thats wonderful, im glad you are finding ways to get exercise outside of a gym, I keep debating if I need a membership or not. I may get one during the winter months but I try to walk(having a dog helps), use my gazelle, and I also use soup cans to lift.
    Thanks for sharing your story, you should be very proud!! Keep up the terrific work. Very inspirational.
  • happypath101
    Options
    Good for you! You can do it! :O)
  • areilly78
    areilly78 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! It is wonderful that you have a friend to join you on your journey. Support is so important, especially when it is someone who is in the same boat you are. You can help keep each other on track. Keep up the great work!!
  • ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    GOOD JOB!! =) THATS AWESOME. Good luck on the rest of your fitness journey! Ill be adding you, so we can keep each other going !! And so I can continue to be inspired by you!!
  • Kiwi1454
    Options
    You Go Girl Keep Up the Good Work
  • lisab228
    lisab228 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love all the love on this board :). Definitely makes this journey more fun!