help with low carb dinners please!

Options
nibbynoo
nibbynoo Posts: 250 Member
hello!
by low carb, I don't mean just meat, I mean replacing pasta/potatoes with veggies.
I'm doing my shopping list and I have fish, turkey and sodding loads of broccoli atm!!
I get home late from work so need something quick and filling but am stumped for ideas! I decided to replace the potato factor with the broccoli as its filling and healthy but at present my dinner is just fish and broccoli and it's lacking xfactor. help me please!!

Thanks guys!

also before people slate me for trying low carb, I have over eating issues with pasta/potatoes and always have so am cutting them out for a bit to see the effects. Already axed bread and feel so much better for it!!

Replies

• kgracy7
    kgracy7 Posts: 1
    Options
    My husband was just diagnosed with diabetes so I have been having to cook low carb lately. Side dishes aren't too hard when you know what you are lookig for. Cauliflower (look for recipes like cauirice and mock mashed potatoes), spaghetti squash with pasta sauce and I like baked articoke hearts with italian seasonings and parm. The Paleo sights have a lot of recipes for veggie side dishes.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,303 Member
    Options
    Hi..there are a couple low carb forums..(just google) and they have great recipe forums with amazing ideas for low carb. That is where I would go.
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Any vegetable soup that's broth based is good.

Beans are a great side dish. (Black beans, white beans with tomatoes)

Sauteed bok choy with chick peas (garbonzo beans) ginger and soy

Hearts of Palm "potato" salad
    2 tsp lemon juice
    1 tsp dijon mustard
    1 garlic clove, minced
    1 tbsp ev olive oil
    2 14 oz cans hearts of palm, drained and cut into 1/2 in slices
    2 tbsp chopped chives
    fresh ground black pepper
    whisk lemon juice, mustard and garlic in a large bowl. Add oil slowly while whisking. Add hearts of palm and chives. Toss to combine. Season with pepper to taste and serve.

HTH