New and Looking for Inspiration

Options
Hi!

I am fairly new to MFP and after hearing a lot of good results, I am hoping this site will help me work towards my goals of developing a new healthy lifestyle with positive results. I have been about 75 pounds over weight for about 17 years now. I want to change my life for myself and my family. Having to witness my mother, who has battled with all things bad related to diabetes, deteriorate, I desperately do not want to place that worry and burden on my family. I have done all diets and even had success with Weight Watchers (old points program). My problem is I love to eat for every occasion and every emotion. I have not been able to train my brain to say it is okay that I ate something bad and just to pick back up with healthy eating habits. Instead, I throw caution to the wind and make my bad snack into a bad meal and ultimately into a bad month. I am hoping to learn from others how to tame these tendancies and substitute them with permanent healthy lifestyle changes. I know in my head what I need to do. I just need to develop the willpower to carry it out and I am determine to channel inspiration from all I can from this site.

My ultimate goal is to develop positive lifestyle changes that will result in weight loss and positive changes for my entire family. I will be turning 35 in December and I hope to by then be well established in these changes. I have started exercising and I hope by my 35th to be able to run the entire length of Cade's Cove in Tennessee. Mighty tough goal, but I am proud to have that goal and hope to accomplish it

Good luck to all and can't wait to meet new friends in which to encourage each other. :)

Replies

• Adforperu
    Adforperu Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new here too ! Had to Google the Cove, but at 12 miles that's almost a half marathon.. nicely done! A good thing to work towards
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Well said! I have about 80 more to lose so we're right in this together!
    Feel free to add me! :)